DVD's won't play Genesis 2

GSGRAPE

Some dvd's won't play on Genesis 2 system. I see there is a port on the front to update firmware, is there somewhere we can download firmware update? and will this fix the problem of not being able to play some dvd's?

Some dvd's won't play on Genesis 2 system. I see there is a port on the front to update firmware, is there somewhere we can download firmware update? and will this fix the problem of not being able to play some dvd's?

If by "some dvd's" you mean blu-ray, no it won't play them.

danemayer

Some people have had problems with DVDs from the bargain bins at Dollar stores. Also, there are region codes on DVDs to prevent lower priced DVDs imported from other countries from being watched on U.S. players.

Jim.Allison

I would imagine that you have to download it from the manufacturers site, put it on a flash drive then load it into the machine. The owners manual should spell this out. BTW, I cant get mine to play Blu-Ray either and I don't have any foreign discs