Clearance

Thank you for that information. My dilema is I have a 4x4 Ford and I already have my trailer higher than level and only have 5 inches of clearance. Any suggestions?

Forrest Fetherolf

You can add spacer blocks under the 5er axle springs with longer u-bolts for leveling. Leveling is important to reduce excessive tire wear, refrigerator operation, and your comfort.

truknutt

Committed Member
Thank you for that information. My dilema is I have a 4x4 Ford and I already have my trailer higher than level and only have 5 inches of clearance. Any suggestions?

StayGray,

May be a stupid question on my part but, what make/model of hitch are you using and does it have any height adjustment left? I ran a stock height '01 F250 4x4 with my last 5er and had plenty of room. It had a Reese 16K dual-pivot hitch in it.

Dave

As you can tell I am new to the hobby so please forgive me. I have a B and W companion which is set as low as it will go. My truck is a 2006 LWB crew cab dually.

truknutt

Committed Member
Assuming now that your trailer is nose-high, do you have adjustable shackles on your trailer? If you do, and they are adjusted so that your trailer is as high as it can go, then you may have to follow Forrest's advice or seek out a knowledgeable trailer mechanic.

For the record, what make/model 5er are we talking about? This way we can put all your information together and maybe get some additional advice from others.

fishn2dmax

Do you have 15" or 16" tires. If you have 15", you can increase your height by 1+ inches by moving to 16" rims and tires.

Sundance_kid

staygraymike,

This isn't a hobby, it's an adventure!! LOL Check with your dealer about flipping the shackles.........