U.S. Hwy 2, Vermont

Dusty

Has anyone trailered across Hwy 2 through Vermont, New Hampshire and on to Maine? Is it ok for a Bighorn 5ver?

Thanks
Dusty

the answer to your question about RT2 in vermont is, yes the road is fine for towing a 5ver on. There is a problem though with obtaining diesel fuel. There are not very stations that supply diesel fuel along the route in vermont or maine carry a little extra for that trip.:)

Dusty

Thanks for the information. I will either carry a spare can or avoid the route.

Dusty

Two Hands

I also thank you for the information. I will carry extra diesel. Any other information about campgrounds or scenic areas along that route would be greatly appreciated!

jerr7

I like to state that if you can get one i buy a GPS system you can get them rather cheap today, it will tell you where you can get gas and food in any area where you travel its a god sent It also the one i have Garmin tells the truck routes if you like to use that routes
jerry

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Route 2

We drove that route last October with no problem. In Vermont we left I-89 at Montpelier, some construction in town but no problems. Then took Hwy 2 to Littleton, NH. Stayed there for several days and then went to Acadia Nat. Park on Maine coast. We were on Hwy 2 most of the time and did not have any problems finding diesel fuel. Only think I needed to stop one time but there were numerous trucks to stop at. Enjoy your trip. PM me if you want recommendations for your trip like campgrounds, ect...