ATF: North Trail - Exterior Panel Distortion

badamson

The front fibreglass panel on our North Trail 26LRSS is distorted and wavy. It seems to get worse each year. Should I be worried about it and can it be fixed?

Otherwise, we love the trailer after two years.

I'd like to attach a photo of the problem but it seems I don't have permission.

Thannks, Bruce Adamson

berky

We have the same problem with our 26LRSS, a 2012 model. The problem first showed up about 6 months after we took delivery. At first I was concerned that it was a sign of water leakage, but after a year of poking around and watching closely for other signs of water intrusion I concluded that was not the case.

I've now more or less concluded that the issue is the plastic (it's not fiberglass) warping from the summer heat. Hindsight says the front cap should have been a more stable material or installed more securely.

I've learned to live with the cosmetic imperfection. I just keep a close eye on the caulking along the front cap perimeter, to be sure the warping doesn't open up a leak point.

This is a common problem with North Trail products. Mine also started leaking. Cost $575 to fix at the dealership. They had a few used North Trail models on the lot with the same wavy front issue.

Mine is a 2010 31QBS and it look a few years before that waviness started.

Before the leak I was considering installing two 4X8 sheets of diamond plate to improve the appearance.

-David