Awning screens

MrC

We bought our first TT a 2014 TrailRunner 30 USBH, quite an upgrade from our tent trailer.
it took us a long time to get here as one of our favourite parts of camping in the tent trailer was the add a room. Our add a room went the full width, from pull out end to pull out end, giving us almost 20 feet by 12 feet of roofed, enclosed, bug free area to sit in day or night, rain or shine.
We have the usual assortment of dining shelters, but wonder if anyone has any experience adding screens to the pull down awnings on their TT?
We are also concerned about how rugged these are in the wind.

any feedback greatly appreciated
Nigel & Kathy

DonnyB007

We purchased one of the slide-in awning screens for extra shelter room from the rain and UV protection while sitting around the picnic table. It does repel the rain good, but a little rain does get through. For extra privacy it is great and for sun protection it is good too. When I put my awning out. I always bring the legs down to the ground and nail the uprights deep in the ground with 12" ardox nails. I find that adding the slide in side awning and anchor that with three additional nails, this adds a great deal more stability to my awning. WE seldom take down our awning now when it is fully anchored down with the side awning attached as well. As a matter of fact, my awning went through a downburst wind storm and everything stayed firm. Oh I use the clamps mid-way on the sides of my main awning too to prevent flapping in the wind.