ATF: Gateway - Holding tank gauge showing full

dlc4878

I recently purchased a 2015 Gateway. As I began using my holding tanks I quickly noticed that my fresh water and black water show full all the time and both of my gray tanks show empty. Is there a easy fix for this, is it a fuse? It just seems awful coincidental that the first two show full and the last two show empty. Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Gateway - dlc4878

Hi dlc4878,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't know of a fuse that would be the problem, probably need to contact your dealer. Most likely wiring is loose or incorrect.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

We just bought a 2015 GW 3650BH...and we can't remember where to find the guage for the holding tanks...we've looked everywhere. I know this isn't related to your issue but since you at least know where the guage is we hoped you could help. thanks. :angel:

danemayer

We just bought a 2015 GW 3650BH...and we can't remember where to find the guage for the holding tanks...we've looked everywhere. I know this isn't related to your issue but since you at least know where the guage is we hoped you could help. thanks. :angel:
Hi 7754ewingtt,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully another Gateway 3650BH owner will be able to point you to the gauges.

Chippendale

Look on the panel where a lot of your 12 volt switches are. Mine is a square panel on the wall as you enter the trailer. As best I can remember, there are two rows of switches and the tank level indicator is on the same panel, just above the switches. I haven't had the trailer long enough to describe exactly what it looks like, but there are little buttons along the lower edge of the tank level indicator that you push and it shows the level of each individual tank. It kind of blends in with the rest of the panel and if in a dark place might not be very noticeable. Hope this helps.

Never mind...found the gauges on the main panel inside...was looking for a white box like in the back bathroom.

1_oldgoat

I am having a similar problem, or was, my #2 grey and black tanks were showing full, not alway, this just started happening after our last trip. I flushed the tanks after filling them with fresh water and no more trouble so i think i had stuck floats if that is what the panel reads from....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are sensors on the side of the tank that read how full the tank is. The sensors very common to have debris get on them and therefore send a false reading. You really cannot depend on the reading.