Cyclone Broyhill/Lane recliner problem...

Cjackg

Our new 3110 Cyclone has two powered and one manual recliner built into the long sofa in the living room.

The control levers for the power recliners are mounted between the seats, about midway front-to-back. We have found this to be more than a casual problem as a recent guest happened to sit right on top of one of the levers in the couch and was severely impacted.

I have been looking this over carefully and may be able to relocate the control levers to the back corner of the seat to avoid this risk but have to wonder if any owners of the new style (BROYHILL/LANE) furniture in Cyclones have experienced this type of problem and what solutions they used...

Heartland may want to look at this closely as it is the kind of problem that can result in more than casual complaints...

Last edited:

gunnere7

We have a 3800 that had the same problem. One of the switches was high and one was OK. Got to looking and found the high one had a spacer that could be removed that dropped the height about 1 to 1.5 inches. Run the recliner all the way out and you can access the switch. See if it has the spacer. Hope this helps
JP

Cjackg

After a lot of scoping out this problem, today I removed all the screws holding the Lever switches in place and moved the switch assembly about 6" to the back corner of the seat. Then tightened it all down and it works great and is not in the way when you sit or slide across the sofa.
Problem solved! Hope HL is paying attention to some of this...

Last edited:

danemayer

Have you considered calling Broyhill/Lane directly? Maybe email them a photo so they know exactly what you're talking about.

Thanks for the suggestions on this. I just bought a Cyclone and experienced the same issue with the swtch. I will relocate them as well.

jimtoo

HI Paratexfarms,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

As you can see ,, lots of good information here.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M