ATF: Gateway - Just wondering?

Grey Ghost

Why did Heartland decide to discontinue the GreyStone line. We just love ours and think it is a great product. If we ever decide to get another Heartland product which product would be the closest to the GreyStone model. We have 2011 29 MK GreyStone. The only reason we would get a different unit would be to get a King size bed which we presently do not have and there is NO way to squeeze one in there. I do wish they had installed a TV bracket that allowed it to be brought out and angled, would have made it much easier to install a sound bar or they could have had the sound-sound hooked up to work, that would have helped also. Hard to hear when the AC is running full blast.

We have a 2011 Greystone also, 32RL and like it alot. I wonder myself why discontinued. Maybe to make way for the new Gateway. The Greystone was great value for the money, IMHO

Grey Ghost

I think you might be right, however the Gateway is much more expensive than the Greystone. I think they just wanted to charge more and this was the route they went. Yes, it was a GREAT value for the money and I'm happy we were able to take advantage of it. I was wondering, now that I've finally found someone that owns one, have you had problems with your electric awning motor burning out every year of so. We have replaced the motor twice and we don't use the awning that often. I mostly put it up and down to clean and use while I'm loading the unit for trips. Just wondering:confused:
We have a 2011 Greystone also, 32RL and like it alot. I wonder myself why discontinued. Maybe to make way for the new Gateway. The Greystone was great value for the money, IMHO

Kbvols

The Sundance and Greystone were basically the same unit. Some upgrades were made to the Sundance and Greystone went away.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I think that by adding the new "Platinum Package" to the Sundance line. It give the customer the option of getting a non white trailer. I think that the Greystone and the Sundance are close in floor plans and options, just different exterior color. Probably just consolidating brands.