moving living area furniture, any problem with slides?

I want to switch the sofa with the recliners. Does it mess up the weight on the slides? Help me before I do something rash.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I do that all the time.
I use glides under the legs of the sofa and have the round plastic frisbee's under the recliners.
Depending on what floor plan you have, the problem is that you will not be able to close the slide if you put the sofa at the rear cap.

Peace
Dave

Snow

I wanted to do that also but my sofa seems to Bo fastened down , cookie how do you get the sofa to move ? ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is not fastened to the floor.
But because of the weight of it, it seemed like it was.
I lifted the front up and slid in some carpet coaster glides under the front legs.
I was then able to wrestle it out and add some glides to the rear legs.
I remove the front glides during travel. The rear stay in place.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
In our Big Country, we used to move the sofa off the slide to the rear window area while camping, using furniture sliders under the legs. It moves very e-z. Of course because of the depth of the sofa, we had to move it back for traveling so we would just remove the front sliders from the front legs after getting it back over to the slide. Only once did the sofa move during travel and that was because some jerk pulled over and slammed on his brakes in front of us. Did I say JERK!!!!
IMG_0471.jpg

Kbvols

In our Big Country, we used to move the sofa off the slide to the rear window area while camping, using furniture sliders under the legs. It moves very e-z. Of course because of the depth of the sofa, we had to move it back for traveling so we would just remove the front sliders from the front legs after getting it back over to the slide. Only once did the sofa move during travel and that was because some jerk pulled over and slammed on his brakes in front of us. Did I say JERK!!!!
View attachment 30469

Nabo
Your sofa looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandie

ugu7u6ad.jpg
. Took out that uncomfortable loveseat/air bed thing and bought a 7 ft comfy sofa. Best move ever.