Outdoor kitchen

Explorer

I have a Northtrail 32 BUDS with an outdoor kitchen. It has refrigerator that runs on shore power. I am concerned about closing the outside door when we are gone for the day with the refrigerator running. Will this cause overheating and possibly lead to a fire? I don't want to leave the outside door up as we have a TV in the outdoor kitchen area and I would not want anyone to help themselves to the contents of the refrigerator.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I have a Northtrail 32 BUDS with an outdoor kitchen. It has refrigerator that runs on shore power. I am concerned about closing the outside door when we are gone for the day with the refrigerator running. Will this cause overheating and possibly lead to a fire? I don't want to leave the outside door up as we have a TV in the outdoor kitchen area and I would not want anyone to help themselves to the contents of the refrigerator.

Great question. We just got our outdoor kitchen on Saturday. Did not think of the heat build up. Hopefully someone will chime in.

I would be interested on seeing your TV set up in the outdoor kitchen. Ours has the cable and outlet for it, but looks like its in an odd position.

Jamie

VKTalley

I have a BC 3690SL with the outside "bistro" kitchen and we have had no problems with heat buildup in ours. We travel and live in our unit full time.

I never worried about it. We just locked the door when we went out for the day, and at night and we were all set.

Don't think it's anything to worry about.

sjs731

I leave our rig plugged in at home and the outside kitchen is closed 95% of the time while it sits in the driveway. Never had a problem.

Steve and Carrie
HOC#2252
2012 Sundance 3300CK
2007 GMC 2500 HD Duramax
Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

jedelaney

Been using our 32 Buds since we bought it in April continuously plugged in to various campgrounds and at home. No problems with keeping the fridge on and the door closed so far. I don't leave he outside kitchen open too often unless I am outside or just roaming around the campground.

Also so trying to post a picture of the TV for some who asked earlier but have no idea how.

Mizmary

We have a small fridge in an outdoor compartment that is always closed. The fridge has been on constantly for over a year. No troubles. Unless you leave the fridge door open. Then there's a problem.