Bathroom Pocket Door Issue

Sandi_Z

We have a 2011 29RKS and the pocket door to living area constantly comes off track during travel. There are no floor guides on it either so it sways. We bought the TT last fall and have camped 3 times in it. Looking to modify this but also looking for suggestions to resolve this. The plastic tab to secure door is mediocre and is going to be reinforced too. Suggestions??

danemayer

Hi Sandi_Z,

Welcome to the posting side of forum membership. There are a lot of experienced campers on the forum and I'm sure you'll get some suggestions shortly.

Garypowell

Don't have your model but used to have a sliding door. Mine came off the track because the screw that stopped the rollers from going off the end of the track fell out. Not sure what your issue is but I know it is a pain. This screw is way back inside the wall...or better put WAS.....

I don't know what to call them but at a hardware store I got two threaded islets that were meant to be pressed into wood (or other soft surface) so you could put thread something into whatever you had pressed this little washer looking device with prongs out the back onto.

One had a bigger thread hole than the other one. I then found an eye Bolt that matched the smaller one.

I drilled a hole from the exposed side of the frame (with the door in the wall) through the door and then just barely touched the inside of the back door frame area to just make a mark.

Took the smaller threaded gizmo and pressed it so that the hole covered the mark made in the back panel. Then pressed the larger holed one over the drilled hole in the front of the frame.

When ready to travel we pushed the eye bolt through the first one....remember it is bigger....through the door and then threaded it into the one pressed into the inside of the trim on the other side of the door.

How's that for an explanation when i don't know what the thing was called. BUT....I have done this before and 5 people will chime in with the name and pictures soon..Thanks!

Sometimes when I knew the path was going to be very rough.....I would also use shims on either side of the door to keep it from wagging too much.

Sandi_Z

I've looked at the other posts on this topic and it's the white tab that comes undone. We used zip ties on it last weekend. We'll see how long they hold. Thinking about inserting a board with a guide toward the back and front of the pocket and securing to the floor. Possibly using spring curtain rods or putting some type of level latch to hold it open.

Looking forward to remedies others use.

Sandi_Z

Thanks Gary. So go to the store and get that thingamajig to do the trick - lol. I do think I know what you are talking about though.

MTPockets

We had that happen and adjusted the screw on the slide and used Loctite on the threads so it wouldn't vibrate loose ... Holding now for two years just fine.

Hunter11

We had that happen and adjusted the screw on the slide and used Loctite on the threads so it wouldn't vibrate loose ... Holding now for two years just fine.

Same deal here on the way back from picking up our trailer. Each time we stopped the bolt had come out of the slide piece. I put Loctite on the bolt when we got home and got it adjusted. We have not taken another trip yet to see if it is going to hold but I am hoping since yours did after putting Loctite on it ours will to.

Sandi_Z

We used zip ties around the bolt and the white lock to hold the bolt. Drove 4 hrs round-trip and it has held together. Making a permanent guide for the floor between the walls. We also use a c-clamp to hold the door from closing as the plastic strap comes undone. Any other suggestions are welcome.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The door to our bathroom from the bedroom is a free hanging slider. It came with a plastic strap that snaps to the door in the open position and to the inside wall of the bathroom. Seems to hold it just fine. The other door is a pocket door and is held in the open position with a similar snap strap across the door from the outer wall to the inner wall.