Modification Planning - Specs needed

DRGalligher

Are building plans for Bighorn's available? What we are looking for is a plan that shows the studs, wiring, plumping placement, etc., to be used in planning modifications. Thank you.

Garypowell

Someone else might know better or have some information but you'll have to call Heartland. But what I think you'll find is they will not release them to you due to trade secrets.

I know they have some jigs and fixtures to control certain parts but I think there is a lot of "as built" area's too.

DRGalligher

Gary,
Thank you for responding. We are not looking to change the structure, only to run wires from WIFI antennas mounted on top, and mount a router, inside the unit, for work related activities. What's the big secret?

SeattleLion

You can probably locate the wiring in a cabinet and moun the antenna on the side of the cabinet. No wiring will show.

danemayer

This thread from a few years ago may be helpful. Jim Beletti documented his installation in a Landmark. Post #6 includes an attachment with details.

donr827

I would think for a specific job, they would tell you what will help. Give 'em a call.
I was able to get the stud layout for my trailer for a small section of the trailer but it was like pulling teeth from a tiger. I do not think it is trade secrets but for liability reasons..........Don

Majestic

Dan, one of the things I like about HOG is the sharing of info, take or leave what you need. In looking at this post, the thread from a few years ago by Jim, I don't see the attachments anywhere in the "Tools" section. Some of the ideas that Jim had are usefull. Am I missing a step in my searches for info or did Jim's article not get posts under the manuals? Thanks

danemayer

Dan, one of the things I like about HOG is the sharing of info, take or leave what you need. In looking at this post, the thread from a few years ago by Jim, I don't see the attachments anywhere in the "Tools" section. Some of the ideas that Jim had are usefull. Am I missing a step in my searches for info or did Jim's article not get posts under the manuals? Thanks

Gary,

There are a number of excellent mods and other documentation that's been posted but hasn't made it to the manuals section of the forum. Might be time to revisit.

A lot of what's posted to threads would take some work to convert to a standalone document. Anyone want to volunteer to do a few?