Fantastic Fan with Rain Sensor

quiltsnh

I have a brand new Fairfield 403BH....on a seasonal site it has very high celings so the vent in the bathroom has a rocker switch and a thermostat. The fan itself is set to auto and the switches at the fan are set to on and 2. When you press the rocker panel to on to raise the vent it does nothing. The thermostat which I understand has to be set lower than the actual temperature... it will not kick in. I checked the fuses as it runs on 12V no fuse problem When reported to the dealer I was told they will look into it and to get it repaired I would have to pay for a road trip!!!! Anyone have any experience with fixes for this... It is a 2013 grand new delivered May12th so to say I am disappointed is an understatement. We also had issue with the AC after 5 minutes it trips the breaker come to find out it is wired to a 15AMP breaker marked AC 1 and there is another breaker marked AC2 (I only have 1 AC unit) it is a 20AMP breaker... the dealer suggested I find someone local to switch the wires!

pegmikef

Right off, you're right. 15 Amps won't carry your A/C. On the fan, I notice on mine if it is used for a period of time, then the vent won't open when I turn it on (by raising the thermostat), but you can hear it trying. I have had to climb up and open the vent manually a couple of times and then it works okay. For some reason mine seems like it sticks after periods of non use. So I always test it when we are leaving for a trip and manually open it if required so it will work ok during our trip.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
On the fan, I notice on mine if it is used for a period of time, then the vent won't open when I turn it on (by raising the thermostat), but you can hear it trying. I have had to climb up and open the vent manually a couple of times and then it works okay. For some reason mine seems like it sticks after periods of non use. So I always test it when we are leaving for a trip and manually open it if required so it will work ok during our trip.
Fantastik Fan provides a "lubricant" with new fans to use on the seal. It is provided specifically to prevent the lid from sticking. In a pinch I would think that something like Pledge furniture polish would prevent sticking without causing damage to the seal itself.

MikeR

Fantastik Fan provides a "lubricant" with new fans to use on the seal. It is provided specifically to prevent the lid from sticking. In a pinch I would think that something like Pledge furniture polish would prevent sticking without causing damage to the seal itself.

Fantastic Fan provides packets of Aerospace 300 to lubricate the seal for the cover. I'd just go buy a spray bottle of it, you will find many more uses for it around your RV.

Westwind

We have had a problem with ours from the get go, the thermostat if you can call it that wasn't working when we got it and then it also has a problem opening when we turn it on. The another annoying problem is adjusting the fan speed etc, my arms are too short. They really need to install a unit that has a remote so that you can adjusting it without getting the 6 ft. ladder out. If I had some spare coin I'd move it to the bath and install a new remote controlled one.

porthole

Retired
Call Fantastic Fan. Good customer service. You can get kits for some of the fans that will make it a remote.