Interesting thing with Blue Sky Insurance

Garypowell

Having sold the house (closing July 25th) we are finalizing a lot of plans to go on the road. I had already checked around and decided on Blue Sky. Price and coverage was right. Had the bid and wrote an email to our "person" that I was ready to give her the credit card number.

She called me back and said there was a "hold" on Florida right now. Of course my mind started to spin because she had quoted me just Friday of last week. She said since we have a tropical depression off the Melbourne coast they won't underwrite any policies in my area.

She said as soon as the depression heads north they will start writing policies again.

Now that is looking after the details of your business.....and I understand being in business. You can't write a policy only to have a total loss the next day....when you could have prevented it. So my respect actually went up.

We'll get it done...she said maybe a couple of days and she will call me.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
It is like that on the la gulf coast as well with most companies. With homeowners insurance once it enters Gulf of Mexico they won't write unless it is for a scheduled closing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk