location of convertor/charger

coacherbk

My bighorn seems to be overcharging my battery lately. Replaced old battery(3 yrs old) with new one and still is overcharging. MY QUESTION IS WHERE is the converter located? I have a 2011 Bighorn model 2985 with a Pd9260 power converter. any help would be appreciated.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My bighorn seems to be overcharging my battery lately. Replaced old battery(3 yrs old) with new one and still is overcharging. MY QUESTION IS WHERE is the converter located? I have a 2011 Bighorn model 2985 with a Pd9260 power converter. any help would be appreciated.

They're typically located behind the basement wall. You will have to remove the panels to get to it. Although it can happen, the converter tends to last longer than that, especially the Progressive's. There is a manual for the converter in the Tools section at the top of the page. Try the troubleshooting steps before going for a new one. Progressive also rebuilds them.

brianharrison

If you have a digital volt meter you can check the voltages at your battery terminals with the unit plugged into shore power.

When you first connect to shore power the voltage should be 14.2-14.4V; dropping to 13.6 volts once battery is near charged, and dropping again to 13.2V once fully charged.

Here is the algorithm for the PD9200 series --> Clicky here

The PD Charge Wizard pendant is a good adder to watch your converter and battery charge status.

Hope this helps.
Brian

Jim.Allison

What do you consider overcharging ??????