My turn to rant

ray587

I guess my first mistake was buying a 2012 RW 381ck last year that had set on the dealer lot for 1 and a half years. I guess the dealers don't keep these up like an owner would. I have owned this camper for 1 year now and am finding little problems now that need to be fixed. I posted earlier that I had some flex in the overhang around the pin box. I contacted Heartland and sent them pictures. I was told to removed the trim and tighten the lag bolts which I did. I should have just took into a dealer but the nearest one is 90 miles away and they will not do any frame repairs. I also have some delamination above the camp kitchen door and the cargo ramp has begun to come apart at the hinges. I have resealed all these areas but to no avail. I have to say though that Heartland has worked well with me on trying to find a dealer that would repair all these problems but since I bought out of state its as if I had the plague. Camping World of Ala looked at it and told me they would contact Heartland about it. 4 weeks later I finally got back to the Guy I talked to and He told me Heartland denied the claim. I called Heartland and was told that they never recieved a claim. I was told to try and find another place so after 3 weeks I have yet to find someone that is not booked up for at least 3 weeks to even look at it. I'm not really faulting Heartland but their dealers will lie to you in a heartbeat. Did any of this make sense?

danemayer

Hi Ray,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having and about the problems finding a dealer to help.

Let me suggest you try to find an independent servicer. Heartland may be able to point you to one in your area. Independents make their living off of service and have a greater incentive to do a good job. Heartland will often authorize warranty service at independents.

Even if it's been more than a year since you purchased, if you opened these issues during the warranty period, the repairs may still be eligible for warranty consideration. Even if not, there's still a chance that Heartland may help you in the interest of customer satisfaction. With the ramp door, Lippert probably provides the warranty and it may be worth a call to talk with them directly.

ray587

I emailed Lippert about the door and recieved a warrant request form which I filled out and sent in. 4 weeks later they will not return my emails. And yes all this was done while the warranty was still in effect.

danemayer

I emailed Lippert about the door and recieved a warrant request form which I filled out and sent in. 4 weeks later they will not return my emails. And yes all this was done while the warranty was still in effect.
Sounds like it's time to call Lippert and ask what happened to your warranty request.

dbbls59

It was my experience that once the warranty is up Heartland is through with it. Yes, even with an ongoing issue. I had an issue with the wiper seal under the kitchen slide. It would get wrapped up in the rollers as the slide was retracting. Heartland replaced the seal while at the Goshen Rally. It did not stop the issue or getting caught in the rollers. I called Heartland one month after the warranty was up and was told they would fix it. When the dealer called to get authorization for repair Heartland denied the claim. Said the unit was out of warranty, even after explaining it was an ongoing issue.

Westwind

Time to write to Trailer Life and ask for help. If it is an issue that started before the warranty expired and a authorized dealer hasn't been able to fix the issue then it should be in warranty until fixed period. You have been to a Heartland rally every year, hopefully you should be able to get help from Heartland on this issue.

donr827

It was my experience that once the warranty is up Heartland is through with it. Yes, even with an ongoing issue. I had an issue with the wiper seal under the kitchen slide. It would get wrapped up in the rollers as the slide was retracting. Heartland replaced the seal while at the Goshen Rally. It did not stop the issue or getting caught in the rollers. I called Heartland one month after the warranty was up and was told they would fix it. When the dealer called to get authorization for repair Heartland denied the claim. Said the unit was out of warranty, even after explaining it was an ongoing issue.
Don I think that I would call HL direct and make sure that your dealer explained it correctly. Usually a report made before the warranty is up is honored until fixed.Don

Gaffer

A trailer with a 1.5 year old build date will have been all over the place to the dealers parking lot "shows". And countless people will have been through picking as stuff. IMHO. The build date can be found on the drivers side sticker.

aatauses

Sorry you are having these issues. I can only comment on a few dealers I have dealt with, with little success. I have had dealers tell me that HL denied something,only to find out HL never received the request and when I explained it to HL they covered it right away.
I would check out independent RV repair and see if you have better luck.
al
currently in Deadwood, SD

ray587

Here is an update on my warranty work. After camping world to me my claim had been denied, I called Heartland to find out camping world never contacted them. Heartland told me to take it to my local dealer who is not a Heartland dealer but once was. I called them first to see if they would even look at it and they said yes they would. They did some work on my previous camper when they replaced 1/4 th of the left side when I blew the fiberglass off. Yes that will happen if air gets between the glass and the plywood. Of course my insurance paid for that. Now for the ramp door, I called lippert and they said they would replaced the door under warranty. My local dealer said they would do the work on the door also. So I,m crosssing my fingers hoping all this works out.

ray587

back to square one on the door issue. My local dealer after finding out that Lippert wanted them to pay for the door and shipping balked at replacing my door. I called Lippert and was told even under warranty they don't sent parts free of charge anymore. The dealer pays all costs and submits a claim for reimbursement. 60 to 90 days later they might get they're money back. I wish they would just send me the door and I would pay someone to install myself.