Care and cleaning of the sink BH3500

Dusty

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestins on the care and cleaning of the kitchen sinks? Even though I am careful to rinse the sink out if i pour coffee down the drain, I noticed lately that it looks like it may have a stain of some sort. Looking through the papers I recieved with the coach, I can find nothing on caring for this type of sink. Any suggestions from anyone or the factory would be very helpful.

Thanks
Dusty

BluegrassMan

Cleaning Your Stainless Sink

I have not personally cleaned our sinks, But, My wife uses a product called "Cameo" If she runs out of that she uses "Barkeeper's Friend". This polishes to a shine. It is all she uses on her Gormet Stainless Steel Cookware. You should be able to find it at your local grocery or Wal-Mart:)

Paul & Nan

Good question on sink cleaning, but mine is not stainless, but some sort of unglazed hard surface. Had the same sink in a Holiday motor home. Never could figure a good way to keep it clean and stain free. Nothing with either rig to explain good cleaning methods. Unfortunately for the sink I really cook!!

Nan and Paul
3500RL Bighorn/2003 Chevy 2500 Duramax

tinkers

Full timers
Tinkers-Pat

We have the same sink surface, and I have found that using any good cooktop cleaner works great!!! But we have another issue, both sides of the sink developed surface cracks around the drain, one side about 50% around. Really don't want them to take out the corian cabinet to get to the sink. It's okay so far, but how long before leaks is anyone's guess.
But try the cooktop cleaner, you can find it at the grocery store.

Dusty

Thanks I will try that. If your sink is cracking, and its in warrenty, I would take it in and have it replaced. Mine seems to be good except when I manage to get a coffee stain in it, then things run down hill with my lovely bride.

Dusty