FOUND: Where is shut-off valve for residential refer?

Jackal

I am the happy owner of a new Cyclone 4200 with the 23 cu ft. Frigidair Refrigerator / Freezer. I have read the manual and looked over all my paperwork and reviewed the links above which is the exact digital copies that came with my other paperwork.

I have filled my water tank and hooked up the hose setting the valve for "city" I have water at every faucet showers toilet etc. I have followed the "How to prime the water supply system" a few times everything sounds like it is trying to work but I cannot get any water to come out of the dispenser.

Any ideas or info I am missing? Is there a shutoff valve to the fridge water line I do not see? I have messed with this on and off or two days and just don't get anywhere.

I've had a Cyclone 3800HD for the previous three years wit no issues and am pretty familiar with the general Cyclone setup but this model is quite a bit more advanced, thanks for any help or ideas

jimtoo

Re: Residential Refrigerator User Guide

Hi Jackal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family.

If it's a new unit it probably was winterized and most likely you need to remove the panel behind the docking station in the storage area and you will probably find a valve installed in the water line with the 1/4" ice maker line on it. The valve is probably turned off for the ice maker.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Not sure where it is located on your Cyclone but we have a new Landmark with the Res. Fridge. The shutoff for the icemaker supply line is located under the sink in the kitchen island. Not easy to see; just look for the plastic quarter inch line.

Jackal

Not sure where it is located on your Cyclone but we have a new Landmark with the Res. Fridge. The shutoff for the icemaker supply line is located under the sink in the kitchen island. Not easy to see; just look for the plastic quarter inch line.
Hi Jackal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family.

If it's a new unit it probably was winterized and most likely you need to remove the panel behind the docking station in the storage area and you will probably find a valve installed in the water line with the 1/4" ice maker line on it. The valve is probably turned off for the ice maker.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

It is the simplest and most obvious answers that sometimes escape mankind. There are in fact TWO shutoff valves for that refrigerator on my Cyclone 4200, I found the one under the slide out that acts as a shutoff and winterizing drain, but I did not even think about looking under the sink. Sure enough just off to the side of the door under the sink was the shutoff valve with the 1/4" line coming out of it.

Many many thanks, its the little things (like a working icemaker) that makes the wife so happy.