The BIG handles by the front door....

campntn

I was going to post this in the North Trail area, but it is relevant to all trailers.
When we first bought our North Trail I saw that HUGE safety handle by the entrance door and thought "wow, I'm not that pitiful..yet." That's a huge handle. Nicely made, albeit. And it folds comfortably down.
This Saturday, after another rain, it was folded out and I was in the camper coming out. I don't usually hold onto the BIG handle. My foot hit the bottom step which was slick and that was all she wrote. My feet were out in front of me and my hands were flailing BACKWARDS and reflexively my right hand caught the HUGE entrance door handle and my fall was broken. It sticks out so far that it was just there at the right place. Except for a stiff neck from the instant tensing that I did when I thought I was falling, everything was ok.
So, there. I guess I AM getting that pitiful!:p
Thanks Heartland for the big handles that stick out!

jbeletti

Mark,

Sorry to read about your slip and sore neck. Hooray for the big handle. I can't help but smirk and I'm tryin' to keep it clean - but is that all you have to say about the handle?? :D

campntn

umm, I guess I could add a smilie! :eek:
Thaz what my eyes felt like as I skidded down the steps.