Dometic Thermostat

Flyerone

We have the simple Dometic one zone thermostat, is there a direct programmable replacement. I don't want to have to wake up to turn on the heat in the morning this winter.

bsuds

I replaced ours with an inexpensive one from Wal Mart. Cost me $20. and installed no problem.
There are a couple of threads here on how to do it.

Flyerone

I have replaced the thermostat in our previous 5th wheel but this one only has a couple of wires and a RJ11 jack. I know I can replace the whole box that it connects to but I was hoping for a direct replacement.

danemayer

We have the simple Dometic one zone thermostat, is there a direct programmable replacement. I don't want to have to wake up to turn on the heat in the morning this winter.

Hi Flyerone,

I'm not sure the Dometic Single Zone LCD thermostat has a standard wiring interface like you would find in home thermostats, so you might have to call Dometic to inquire whether they have a plug compatible unit that would allow you to program different temps at different time of day.

DocFather

Hi Flyerone,

I'm not sure the Dometic Single Zone LCD thermostat has a standard wiring interface like you would find in home thermostats, so you might have to call Dometic to inquire whether they have a plug compatible unit that would allow you to program different temps at different time of day.

I contacted them last summer when I was hoping to replace mine with a wifi thermostat. If I remember correctly, what Dan said is what they told me. Something about 12v vs 24v. If you find something different, please pass it along. A programmable or wifi would be an improvement.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I replaced mine with a standard household programable unit. It was a direct replacement with the exception that I loss the hi/low speed fan setting. I hard wired mine to high speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnpsz

yeah I may be looking into this mod shortly. Last night before going to bed I forgot to switch the thermostat from cool to furnace, and by about 5am it had dropped to 55 degrees and I was awaken by the cold as well as our 1 year old crying because she was cold too. I looked at my DW and she was in a sheatshirt and had an additional blanket, I guess she got cold earlier and took care of herself rather than go switch on the furnace. I think a installing a programmable thermostat so that I don't have to remember to switch between cool and heat would be a great improvement.