ATF: Landmark - warranty work while on vacation

bob34787

Question for those who may know, have not used out new Landmark since its Purchase in Feb. of 2014, while on vacation this past week the main A/C thermostat read E1 and a/c would not work. Called Dometic and they put me in contact with a mobile certified tech for dometic, now this was July 3rd so dealer was not an option, so the tech went up on the roof and determined that Heartland had connected 2 communication cables on the main board and was only utilizing one as the second one was shorted which caused the problem. Now since Dometic did not install the unit nor wire it this becomes a factory defect not a Dometic issue, so do I have any chance of getting back the 176.00 I paid to have the communication cable removed?

danemayer

Hi bob34787,

Since you're in warranty, Heartland may cover the cost of the repair, but probably won't cover the travel time. The warranty requires you to take the trailer to an authorized service location. One way to think about it is that often the cost and inconvenience of hauling the trailer to a dealer is way more than you pay for the mobile guy's travel charge.

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. I'd also scan or get a photo of the invoice because you'll probably want to email that to the Customer Service Rep.

bob34787

thanks, figured they would not cover the mobile charge but the time to fix it should be. sucks that certain things we found wrong are past the 90 day adjustment period as 1 week after we bought the RV my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and between the surgery and radiation this was the 1st time we really got to use it. found a leak in the storage bay back in feb. but dealer said he could not find, so this time when I noticed the leak I went looking and found the cold water line going to the water heater leaking, this caused the rather poorly constructed platform that the water heater is installed on to just about bow to the floor, dealer says they will ask Heartland to cover but leaks fall into the 90 day period.

danemayer

I think if you call Heartland directly, they'll cover the repairs from the plumbing leak as well. The only time I've ever heard leaks and 90 days used together is with respect to caulking to prevent outside leaks from rain.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think if you call Heartland directly, they'll cover the repairs from the plumbing leak as well. The only time I've ever heard leaks and 90 days used together is with respect to caulking to prevent outside leaks from rain.

Sounds like the dealer may have been already compensated for fixing the problem, and knows they won't get any more to do the repair this time. The "90 days" sounds like dealer bs to me. Contact Heartland directly and they can help you get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob34787

not sure about who got paid as I bought it from 1 camping world and took it to another for service but since the camping world I took it to was not a heartland dealer they billed the selling dealer for the repairs and as of a month ago Heartland had no record of any work being done on the RV.

TXTiger

I have never heard of a 90 day warranty from Heartland. The warranty period from Heartland is 1 year from date of purchase and some of the components have a longer warranty thru the manufacturer of the component.

bob34787

Art from Heartland emailed me yesterday and Heartland will reimburse me for the repair so all is well as long as the A/C works next time I will be happy.