Time & Date format poll

Which Time/Date format do you prefer?

• Normal: Always display a full date/time

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Yesterday/Today: Use these names where appropriate, full date/Time otherwise

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Detailed: Keep it like it is!

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Wait... There's a date on these posts? / Doesn't really matter to me!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

linuxkidd

Hey gang,
We've had some interest expressed in changing the date/time stamp that's present at the top left corner of the posts.

The options are listed below:
'Normal' uses the actual date and time of the posts like: 02-06-2008 08:51 AM ( this is completely configurable, so if you have a suggested format, please post it below. )

'Yesterday / Today' will show 'Yesterday' and 'Today' for dates that fall in those periods.

'Detailed' will show times such as '1 Minute Ago', '1 Hour Ago', '1 Day Ago', and '1 Week Ago'.
The current configuration is 'Detailed'.

The 'Yesterday / Today' option will show the 'Normal' format for any post older than Yesterday.

When I say in the 'Normal' mode, the format is configurable, I mean... VERY configurable.. Some examples are:
Wed Feb 6, 2008 20:54
06 Feb 2008 8:54 PM
Wednesday, February 6th '08 20:54

If you're familiar with PHP, we use the PHP Date function formatting. If you're not a PHP coder, basically.. if you can come up with it, it can be done. (With the exception of Roman Numerals.. I know someone was gonna suggest that! )

We will let the poll run for 1 Week and see what you all come up with, then make a decision.

So, let's see those votes!
LK