2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

ncc1701e

Jim, I've marked off the dates for 2015. We were just not able to make it to VA this year. Please keep in mind as the planning proceeds to include a thread and or time in the pre rally for golf. Those who played seemed to really have a good time and some of us don't know how to travel without the clubs.

jbeletti

Jim, I've marked off the dates for 2015. We were just not able to make it to VA this year. Please keep in mind as the planning proceeds to include a thread and or time in the pre rally for golf. Those who played seemed to really have a good time and some of us don't know how to travel without the clubs.

Hey Tom - we missed you guys too. By the way, your other friend Tom (Chinn) from CA asked about you guys when I saw him in Reno this past weekend.

Yes - I would love to have you coordinate a golf outing and I will be mindful of such as I program the pre-rally. Thank you for the reminder.

jbeletti

At this point two of us from the Co. Chapter are planning on attending. Jim will be able to see his old Key Largo.

Cool Randy. Be great to see you and Kathy again and to meet the guy who bought one of my previous demo coaches :)

jbeletti

We plan to be there. I hope we can get the Amish dinner again. Is it the custom to get your same site each time?

I plan to arrange as many Amish homes and seats as I can to accommodate as many during the pre-rally that want to join us for a meal.

In the past, yes, it was the custom to be offered your last site at this venue. However, we are not planning to be able to accommodate this beginning in 2015. The rally is getting too big for this and the bigger problem is the venue. Some sites are NOT accessible/usable if we don't get that person in the site before the person arrives that will be behind them (as one example). So with our size (300 units planned), we can't afford to lose any sites.

The 2014 rally saw us testing the waters for the first time in allowing attendees to self-select sites from the sites remaining in the pool, using drop-down menus. We will likely use a hybrid of that system but where attendees choose a section. Their actual site in their selected section will likely be a function of their arrival and what is left in their section. Same for being sited together with friends/travel partners. Arriving together and having previously selected the same section is likely going to be the best way to have a shot at being parked next to/near each other.

Above, I have used words such as: planning, planned and likely. The reason for this is "we have yet to work out final details on how site selection/siting will be handled". Each venue is different and as this rally gets larger, our methods need to be flexible.

jbeletti

Wish I had known! I could have helped out with the site checking while we were in Elkhart twiddling our thumbs for a week. I did look around for a new Heartland Gives Back focus and I have a couple of ideas when you get to that point. I am still bummed about missing Urbanna so we are looking forward to seeing everyone again in Goshen.

Buddy - were you there last week? Kevin has this process down but i'm sure he would have accepted your help.

Speaking of which, give me a call when it's convenient for you and we can chat about your ideas on an HGB element that I think I hear you volunteering for :)

Eric did you proud, finishing up what you had laid the ground work for and Building Homes for Heroes was a HUGE success at >$6,000 collected. Thank you Buddy and thank you Eric van Opstal!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Oh Kristy, your going to think I'm a meanie now... I have already locked in the dates for 2017, 2019 and 2021 - well before I knew you needed me to alter 2017 to fit your needs :)

For the next 4 Goshen rallies (2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021), the rally ends on Father's Day and starts on the Tuesday the week before.

Jim,
Thanks you big meany!LOL:cool: Maybe 2019........
Kristy

Sunset4k

Diane and I are planning to attend. This will be our first national Rally!!! What is the if we decide to attend the pre Rally festivities??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Pre rally is 6/9/2015 to: 6/15/2015.
There will be more information coming as rally time gets closer.

Peace
Dave

wildwolfproducts

Marilyn and I plan on being there I think the Saturday 13th. As our plans are to drive half way Friday evening and finish the last 5 hours Saturday. Coming north of Nashville Tn if anyone else will be making the same trip.
Not sure how these work, but I can throw the SmokinTex smoker in the camper. And It will hold packed 100 to 120 lbs of boston Butts. So thinking we can smoke up enough Pulled Pork and Smoked chicken for a lot of folks. I have fed 300+ off it a few times. 120 lbs Boston butts and then throw on 50 to 70 lbs of leg Qtrs for Smoked Chicken.
We have been waiting to get the dates for this one. As we have a YellowStone trip planned in june, but its been moved back to July.

Is it time yet??

Pete

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Pete - a bunch of us TN folks met up in a campground in IN and traveled/arrived together to last year's rally as a group. We got there on Saturday and was able to attend one of the Amish dinner which was great. As everyone gets the dates down, we will start to work together to see if we can do the same next year. Watch your email as things develop in a couple of months.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hmmm. We'll have to see how that first come, first served site selection pans out. I would not want to get downgraded from where we've been the last two rallies because we don't show up in May.

Miltp920

How would someone who has never been to a ralley, know what to expect at a ralley? Is it a family thing with lots of kids too or geared more toward an adult only crowd? Attendees mostly retired or big age range expected? What is the name of the campground-resort? We are going to Shipshawanna this weekend, I might do a drive by. I assume vendors will be there to show us what is new and available.

ncc1701e

Pete - a bunch of us TN folks met up in a campground in IN and traveled/arrived together to last year's rally as a group. We got there on Saturday and was able to attend one of the Amish dinner which was great. As everyone gets the dates down, we will start to work together to see if we can do the same next year. Watch your email as things develop in a couple of months.

#2 in the wagon train will be US kiddo. If we are going to be in the same area this time I just need to know because the Sundance sits those few inches lower than you guys with the big expensive toys.

Byrd, who controls or sets the vendors? Don't know but working on getting a vendor for the lighted signs.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
How would someone who has never been to a ralley, know what to expect at a ralley? Is it a family thing with lots of kids too or geared more toward an adult only crowd? Attendees mostly retired or big age range expected? What is the name of the campground-resort? We are going to Shipshawanna this weekend, I might do a drive by. I assume vendors will be there to show us what is new and available.

Miltp I can't speak on all of your questions but our first real rally was this year at Urbanna for the National Rally. I will say this, I figured we would be the babies in the group as I am 39 and wife is 37 but some of these older folks ;) stayed up later into the night than I did playing dominos and gossiping. Lol. There was another couple close to our age (Jwalker) and his daughter attends all the rallies that her folks go to so yes there will be kids activities as well. I would say that there will be things for everyone to do each day but don't feel like you have to do everything as you will get tired.
As far as campground, I believe it is at the Elkhart county fairgrounds in Goshen but I could be wrong. Lol
Hope to meet you up there and if you are ever in south Louisiana look me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The rallies are more geared toward adults. But there are usually a bunch of kids.
Yes there is a pretty large age range.
The rally is held at the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds.
The fairgrounds in Goshen is just a short drive from Shipshewana.
Be sure to go to Rise n' Roll Bakery in Middlebury while you are there. Cinnamon Caramel doughnuts are awesome.

Peace
Dave

ncc1701e

Marilyn and I plan on being there I think the Saturday 13th. As our plans are to drive half way Friday evening and finish the last 5 hours Saturday. Coming north of Nashville Tn if anyone else will be making the same trip.
Not sure how these work, but I can throw the SmokinTex smoker in the camper. And It will hold packed 100 to 120 lbs of boston Butts. So thinking we can smoke up enough Pulled Pork and Smoked chicken for a lot of folks. I have fed 300+ off it a few times. 120 lbs Boston butts and then throw on 50 to 70 lbs of leg Qtrs for Smoked Chicken.
We have been waiting to get the dates for this one. As we have a YellowStone trip planned in june, but its been moved back to July.

Is it time yet??

Pete

Pete, we live about 2 hours due north of Nashville up US 41. Join the caravan and have crazy fun with us.

jbeletti

The best way to answer first question is to review all the documents from the 2013 Rally at the same venue. Those links can be accessed from here. What we did in 2013 will give you a general sense of what one can expect - though altered for 2015.

As for children, nothing is specifically geared towards children. At the same time, it's a G-rated rally, so all events and activities would be suitable for children. Most of it could be really boring depending on the age of the children and on Entertainment nights, music can get louder than you may wish an infant/small-child to be exposed to.

This is a club event. The average age of a club member, last time I checked was about 60. That said, this rally draws a really good cross-section, so we'll have several younger couples (30s), many couples in their 40s and a slew of couples in their 50s, 60s and 70s.

The rally venue is the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds. It's in Goshen. Check out the fair if it's running when you are there.

We plan to have "some" vendors. Not a HUGE thing, but up to 2 dozen and usually the several of the latest Heartland coaches on display.

jbeletti

Byrd, who controls or sets the vendors? Don't know but working on getting a vendor for the lighted signs.

Tom - all vendor decisions are made by me. Contact me via phone or email with details for consideration. If I'm keen on having this vendor, I will send them a vendor application. There will be a booth space fee for non-Hearltand owner vendors as the vendor hall is not inexpensive for me to rent.