2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

jbeletti

Please use this thread to discuss the 2015 Goshen Rally. Note that new threads will be created as we go along and some conversations started in this discussion thread may be moved to more relevant threads later. Thanks Heartlanders!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/16/2015 to 6/21/2015

Already planning our "break" from work!!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We will most certainly be in goshen and will get there in time for the pre rally fun. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILH

Linda and I weren't able to attend the previous Goshen rally in 2013 due to school conflicts with our youngest son. He's finished high school now so we're free to travel! I'm really looking forward to this rally.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Jim,
Can I make a really early request for 2017? That is the year I retire and I need you to give me a few extra days before that rally to have time to get there. Just thought if I asked now you could maybe go a week later than usual.... You know ... As a little retirement gift from you to me? LOL ;);)

Kristy

mobilcastle

Jim,
You really get ahead of the ball. I didn't know you schedule out that far.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Yeah - it's official :). Can't wait till next year.

VKTalley

The Traveling Talleys have it on their schedule for next year!

jbeletti

Jim,
Can I make a really early request for 2017? That is the year I retire and I need you to give me a few extra days before that rally to have time to get there. Just thought if I asked now you could maybe go a week later than usual.... You know ... As a little retirement gift from you to me? LOL ;);)

Kristy

Oh Kristy, your going to think I'm a meanie now... I have already locked in the dates for 2017, 2019 and 2021 - well before I knew you needed me to alter 2017 to fit your needs :)

For the next 4 Goshen rallies (2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021), the rally ends on Father's Day and starts on the Tuesday the week before.

jbeletti

When do we leave?

Leave what? Leave home for this rally? Leave this rally? Both up to you. If you have the time off and want to have even more fun, arrive on day 1 of the pre-rally.

Unless some other large rally follows us, no one needs to leave Goshen after the rally.

jbeletti

Jim,
You really get ahead of the ball. I didn't know you schedule out that far.

Steve and Cathy - yeah, we really have to on this one as there is SO MUCH to plan.

Kevin and Nelly just spent a week there going over "every single site" to determine what facilities we have by site as well as length and other limiting factors. This will help us use 100% of the full hookup sites.

Kevin, Julie and I have a call tomorrow to go over final planning for how we will handle registration.

I'll be working on pre-rally event planning, catering and entertainment soon.

As soon as I figure out the simplest way possible, we'll begin to program the Rally Portal for the 2015 rally

hcriddle

Wish I had known! I could have helped out with the site checking while we were in Elkhart twiddling our thumbs for a week. I did look around for a new Heartland Gives Back focus and I have a couple of ideas when you get to that point. I am still bummed about missing Urbanna so we are looking forward to seeing everyone again in Goshen.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We plan to be there. I hope we can get the Amish dinner again. Is it the custom to get your same site each time?

rjr6150

At this point two of us from the Co. Chapter are planning on attending. Jim will be able to see his old Key Largo.

jdamude

Pam and I have marked our Calendars and are planning on attending. Hope the boss will give me the time off! LOL!