Roof Repair

Grey Ghost

Just got down from my 2011 Greystone roof and noticed some repair is needed. Anyone wan to share any advise as to the best chalk, or whatever product, to use to seal around the joints front and rear caps and the holes around the vents, antennas and vent covers on top of the unit? We live in Arizona so the sun just eats things up and I need something that will last more than six months. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks:cool:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dicor Self-leveling caulk is typically used on the horizontal areas of the roof. You do not need to remove the old caulk, just clean it good to remove loose dirt. Apply the new caulk directly over the old, filling any gaps and cracks.

bsuds

I agree. Had to do mine a couple of years ago as the factory caulking was all cracked around the end cap and was leaking down the back window. Apparently they use cheap stuff cause the Dicor has lasted ever since with no signs of cracking. Factory caulk didn't even last a year.

Jim.Allison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwxEX3SBK4

Just got down from my 2011 Greystone roof and noticed some repair is needed. Anyone wan to share any advise as to the best chalk, or whatever product, to use to seal around the joints front and rear caps and the holes around the vents, antennas and vent covers on top of the unit? We live in Arizona so the sun just eats things up and I need something that will last more than six months. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks:cool: