Can someone explain?

jonesj2

Enclosed and Heated Holding Tanks and Valves, I understand the enclosed but the heated, how are they heated? Radiant heat from the duct work, and the valves handles within the Universal Docking Center are not heated are they? I know I do not see any duct work within the Universal Docking Center.

Have not been out in it yet, planning on going this weeked for shake down run and it is suppose to be in the 20's at night just wondering.

ct0218

The handles are in the UDC, but the valves are not. They are on the drain lines which are in a somewhat heated space.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
The basement area which includes the area behind the UDC (which I believe has an insulated door)is heated so long as you are using the propane furnace. We have been in our Landmark since July 23rd of 07 and have had temps down to 17 degrees with no problem so far though I have read of some on the board that have had some lines freeze at about the temp we have been down to.

Don

jonesj2

Thanks for the quick replies, I was just wondering, never had basement or heated tanks.

jpmorgan37

Jim;
There are two ways that the tanks are heated. One is from the furnace and there is a 2 inch hose that goes into the underbelly. The second is an optional heat strip package that is applied to each holding tank. We full time in our Landmark and don't have the heat strips. We have been in the mid teens and never had a freeze up problem as long as we ran the furnace. I have a heat tape on my water supply hose and have it insulated so that it doesn't freeze up. That has worked well for us.

John