2015 Torque 291 questions

flug

Good Morning,

Our new 2015 Torque 291 is on the line right now with delivery slated to be 1 August. We are trying to get some questions answered ahead of time but our salesman at the dealership either isn't following through (been 3 weeks and 4 phone calls) or as she says Heartland isn't getting back to her.

So we thought we would try here.

1. What kingpin (model #) does this 2015 unit have? We have a SuperGlide hitch and need to make sure our existing capture plate with fit the new kingpin.
2. What are the dimensions of the 2 slides? We want to get a quote for slide toppers and need the outside dimensions. She can't seem to find them.
3. We are going to mount and install our own TV's and brackets. Do the TV's connect to the audio/video system? And since we didn't get the TV options is the sound system even there?
4. Does the rv come with bedding for the main bed? And can you get to the front bedroom with the front slide closed? (last question really doesn't matter but since we are here anyways..)

Thanks in advance!
Shawna Frinell

danemayer

3. We are going to mount and install our own TV's and brackets. Do the TV's connect to the audio/video system? And since we didn't get the TV options is the sound system even there?
Hi Shawna,

Connecting the TV to the nearby sound system can be a challenge. It's dependent on what outputs the TV has and what inputs the sound system has. Unfortunately, there are a lot of equipment variations and there's no single answer. We do have an RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide that may help when you actually get the equipment, or get the model #s and download the manuals.

flug

if you have your serial number the factory will be able to answer all your questions

We don't have the unit yet and can't even get our questions answered by the dealership so I have a feeling that getting the serial # would be an exercise in futility at this point.

Shawna

jbeletti

Shawna - on Monday, please call Heartland at 574-262-5992. That's the main office, not Customer Service. Ask for the Toyhauler sales team. They should be able to get you some answers.

MichaelS

We just received our new 2015 291 and love it. We have not taken it out yet but might be able to help with some of the questions. The pinbox is a standard Lippert pin box that is rated for 16k lbs with the same pin diameter as all FW's that I've seen. We are using a reese 16K lb hitch purchased approx 3-4 years ago and it fits just fine. not sure of the P/N but will check tonight when I get home. Also the deminsions for the slides would need to be verified, but the living room slide is just under 8 ft, I measured for some carpet protection and got 7 1/2 ft on the inside of the unit, I'll check the outside tonight. DO yourself a favor and get a P-touch label maker and start labeling all the switches, very small print on the switches in the console and some are not marked at all. We still have one switch that cannot be identified, doesn't seem to control anything, others on the forum seem to think it might be for inside control of the add-on awning LED lights, just haven't found where they plug in yet. More to come!!!

MichaelS

Ok Shawna, took a look at our new 291 last night: The pinbox is a Lippert model # LIPP1621HD rated for 18K lbs (the 16k in the prev post was an error), the slide demensions are 91 inches for the bedroom and 106 inches for the living room (these are exterior demensions including the sealing flange), as far as the tv hookups, you are on your own, we did not get the tv's either and have not yet approached that subject. If you got the 2015 assume it has the new color scheme (black/brown/white)? We really like this over the previous colors. Ours came with the Blowmax tires, so I suppose we need to address this based on all the negative posts about them. Certainly don't want to damage a brand new unit. Just curious, did you get the single or dual A/C
and did you get the onboard generator? Thanks, Mike

Sans1

We still have one switch that cannot be identified, It
If it is the big one near the bottom that is just labeled on/off, I think during my PDI he said it needed to be on for the HW heater to work on electric. But...I just checked and it controls the LEDs on my awning (thanks for suggesting MichaelS) - wonder how long they've been on? I just thought the came on when the awning was open and I didn't like that I couldn't turn them off - now I can woo hoo!. Flug, I cannot get into the bedroom with the slide-out in all the way, the gap is only bout 6 inches.
Mine is a 2014, so it might be different.

TheLindsays

What dealer are you going through in Florida? Heartland is usually really nice when you call... also... if you didn't upgrade the tires... I highly recommend it.. all trailers no matter the brand seems to put cheap tires... we had blowouts in one day ... replaced the cheap tire and have had no issues.. other than that.. we love our Torque... hope to see you on the road.

flug

We just received our new 2015 291 and love it. We have not taken it out yet but might be able to help with some of the questions. The pinbox is a standard Lippert pin box that is rated for 16k lbs with the same pin diameter as all FW's that I've seen. We are using a reese 16K lb hitch purchased approx 3-4 years ago and it fits just fine. not sure of the P/N but will check tonight when I get home. Also the deminsions for the slides would need to be verified, but the living room slide is just under 8 ft, I measured for some carpet protection and got 7 1/2 ft on the inside of the unit, I'll check the outside tonight. DO yourself a favor and get a P-touch label maker and start labeling all the switches, very small print on the switches in the console and some are not marked at all. We still have one switch that cannot be identified, doesn't seem to control anything, others on the forum seem to think it might be for inside control of the add-on awning LED lights, just haven't found where they plug in yet. More to come!!!

Oh MichaelS! Thank you so much for all the info. We are a week away now from it being finished and we can't wait. Finally did get my questions answered but it sure did take a lot of perseverance! Our hitch will work, we are going to do slide toppers at a later date. It was such a hassle to get the dimensions (I still haven't received a quote for the toppers from the dealer) so I am not going to have any extra work done there.

Good call on the p-touch. Cool that there is a switch for the awning lights. Hopefully it is an easy add-on.

How do you like the couches? Are they comfy? How is the shower? Is there enough room to move at all?

So what mods are you thinking of? We are considering the net for the shelf in the garage, a light switch (lowered) for the bathroom since we have a 4 year old, a bed rail for the top bunk (said 4 year old), battery disconnect.

Shawna

flug

Ok Shawna, took a look at our new 291 last night: The pinbox is a Lippert model # LIPP1621HD rated for 18K lbs (the 16k in the prev post was an error), the slide demensions are 91 inches for the bedroom and 106 inches for the living room (these are exterior demensions including the sealing flange), as far as the tv hookups, you are on your own, we did not get the tv's either and have not yet approached that subject. If you got the 2015 assume it has the new color scheme (black/brown/white)? We really like this over the previous colors. Ours came with the Blowmax tires, so I suppose we need to address this based on all the negative posts about them. Certainly don't want to damage a brand new unit. Just curious, did you get the single or dual A/C
and did you get the onboard generator? Thanks, Mike

They say that the TV's work through the sound system. We will see when we get a tv for it. We did get the chocolate color theme. Our old FW was grey interior and I really like the pics online so here's hoping. We did not upgrade the tires since we can get them later for a $500 savings over the factory. Looks like we may need to do those right away. We have a 4k mile trip planned for Sept.
We got the second ac and the 5k genset. That has always been a main consideration for us is a generator. They sure come in handy. What about you guys? Second AC & genset?

Oh and just thinking. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to call a tire BlowMax?? Doesn't that sound a little counter-intuitive? Makes me a little worried already. Lol

Shawna

danemayer

They say that the TV's work through the sound system. We will see when we get a tv for it.

Oh and just thinking. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to call a tire BlowMax?? Doesn't that sound a little counter-intuitive? Makes me a little worried already. Lol

Shawna

Hi Shawna,

If Heartland is connecting the TV audio output into the surround sound, that's something new that must have started recently. Most of us have had to deal with figuring out what type of connecting cable/adapters/converters are needed and how to get to the back of the equipment to plug in. If you need to do that, we do have an owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide that may be helpful.

As for "Blowmax", that's not the real name of the tire. It's Towmax. Someone nicknamed it "Blowmax" and a lot of people have picked up the nickname.

flug

As for "Blowmax", that's not the real name of the tire. It's Towmax. Someone nicknamed it "Blowmax" and a lot of people have picked up the nickname.

Hahaha. I realized that about 5 minutes after I posted it and then started to search for tires. And that's the problem with posting prior to researching...live and learn!

MichaelS

Shawna, we got the single A/C, most of our traveling is spring/fall, so thought we would be ok. And as for the mystery awning light switch, I flipped it on, rolled out the awning and WALA! The LEDs are already installed from the factory! Very cool. One mod that I am definately doing is one that another forum member had done also, moving the living room light switch from inside the switch console to the wall beside the entry door. Makes no sense that it is inside the console because that's the first switch you would hit when entering the trailer and impossible to find in the dark with no label without a flashlight. Other than that, we love it, did alot of research before deciding on the 291. With only 2 slides, it's the lightest Torque model on the 7K lb chasis, so this gives the most cargo capaity. And I would hope a little eaiser on the tires. Maybe we use the Towmax's for the first season before upgrading. One more thing that I saw as a possible upgrade is, with the dining table in the garage being the primary eating area, the electric bed is directly above and there is no light to illuminate the table while eating. Thought about maybe mounting an automotive style 12v dome light to the wall on each side to shine over everyones head and down on the table. Just a thought. Happy camping. Oh yea, we are emtpy nesting, kids moved out, just the wife and I with two wennie dogs.

MichaelS

Does anyone know if the Torque 291 has a "walk on" roof. No on board ladder, but for routine maintenance treating the roof etc, didn't know if I could stand up there or not! If so what would the weight limit be?

Sans1

Does anyone know if the Torque 291 has a "walk on" roof. No on board ladder, but for routine maintenance treating the roof etc, didn't know if I could stand up there or not! If so what would the weight limit be?

Don't know what is advertised but I installed fourmaxxair vent covers and walked on the roof of my 2014 Torque 291. I walked cautiously but did not feel like Iwas about to fall though – I weigh 260.

MichaelS

Don't know what is advertised but I installed fourmaxxair vent covers and walked on the roof of my 2014 Torque 291. I walked cautiously but did not feel like Iwas about to fall though – I weigh 260.
So if you installed four covers, you must not have the second A/C. We only got the single A/C on our 2015 also, but after trying it a couple of times, the ducts just don't get the job done and may need to add the second A/C in the bedroom. May try the baffle mod in the center A/C first to see if that helps. It would have been nice to have the on board ladder but suppose that option comes with the price of a cyclone. I should be good for getting on top @ 195 if U R 260 LOL!! Thx for the reply