Valve access

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's something HL could easily change. Put the access panel for the washing machine plumbing where the valves are, not at the bottom of the wall, behind the machine, where the PEX elbows are. Seems the hot water valve on mine has a problem and the only way I can replace it is by cutting my own access port.

The ball valve does not fully cut off the water, so when you remove the hose, you get a bath unless you shut the water at the pedestal. I knew this from my previous dealings with a leaking machine, so I put a second inline valve on both lines after the OEM valves. Thought it was good until we found wet carpet in the corner of the room. One of the inline valves had started seeping down behind the wall. Pulled them both off and dried the area with fans. No more leak, but I can't disconnect the machine without shutting off the main water supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

John. I double valved this after reading in the Splendide book you were supposed to turn the water off when the unit was not in use. The Heartland valve while probably adequate had such a little handle on it I thought it was the best thing to do.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unfortunately for me, the brass valves I added wanted to leak. But I guess the next upgrade project will be to cut an access port where it should be and replace the OEM valves with something other than the oriental toys they put there.

Could be worse, I suppose. Some years back, my sister was camped next to us when the shower faucet started leaking behind the wall and soaked the carpet. No access to the fittings so I had to cut into the wall on the stairs to the bedroom to get to it. And then make a nice closeout for it. She had a Titanium Golden Falcon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk