Frigerdiare Microwave

texasron

Anyone have any suggestions !! My BH 3685 tripped the GFCI breaker, when I reset the GFCI the microwave didn't come on I opened the door on it and the carousel was turning very slow, but nothing will light up.:mad:

Mrsfish

Don't know what your particular problem is, but fridgidair had a recall recently on some microwaves. Might be worth a call directly to them. .. And the recall was about self starting fires in the microwave. Recomendation was to unplug

texasron

From my research since the post I am inclined to believe it is the control board went bad. Now the question? do I pay the $135.00 for the new board and repair it myself, or pay the $100.00 deductible through Good Sam's and more than likely get a new one with a warranty.

jimtoo

Hi texasron,

How old is your unit? It might be worth a call to Frigidaire to ask about your problem.

Jim M

PS,, Paris is my home town.

dbbls59

The very same thing happen to my Frigidaire microwave. It was two years old and it only had a one year warranty. I bought a replacement at Home Depot.

texasron

Thank you Jim, The mfg. date on the Microwave is a little over a year old, I called Frigidaire they sent me to a service center but very little help on replacing it. New on is in the cards. Oh by the way my wife Carole mentioned that she might have went to school with you and your wife, I was not born and raised in Paris.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
texasron, shouldn't your warranty date be your date of purchase? If you go by the mfg. date, Heartland may have had it in stock for awhile before installing it.

Al.K

We are on our first trip this year. Arrived at our destination campground, to find our Frigidaire convection microwave is not working. It has power and the light works inside. But the control panel/buttons don't work. It's like the control panel is locked up. Called Frigidaire they said there is a possible recall. But wanted me to start with the dealer I purchased our Bighorn from. If no help then Heartland. If no help they will try to help with the cost of repair parts, if I cover the service call. We are just out of warranty, so we hope we can get some help from one of the above parties.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We learned our lesson with Frigidaire. The convection oven took 90 minutes at 400 to bake a potato...Frigidaire insisted the tech replace the transmitter tube to fix it. I never did figure out their logic (nor did it fix the problem) as the microwave doesn't run in convection mode.

You'll find a Sharp unit in our kitchen now.

Miltp920

Our Frigidaire convection microwave recently took forever to cook french fries, and they still were not crispy.
Can someone tell me more about possible problems with this style convection- microwave. SoB convection micro we had in previous 5er worked great.

We learned our lesson with Frigidaire. The convection oven took 90 minutes at 400 to bake a potato...Frigidaire insisted the tech replace the transmitter tube to fix it. I never did figure out their logic (nor did it fix the problem) as the microwave doesn't run in convection mode.

You'll find a Sharp unit in our kitchen now.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We've had our coach about 15 months now. It came with the Frigidaire Convection/microwave. Since we bought our rig, I'd say, at least a half dozen times, after traveling and hooking up to shore power, our frigidaire would not come on. I unplugged the unit and wait about 15 minutes. Then plugged it back in and it's working fine. Not sure what the problem is, but I was told by Frigidaire people that my unit serial number was not within the recall list, so would not look to replace the bad circuit board.

texasron

Keith, I looked in the pantry closet for reference page supplied by Heartland and found no listing for the Frigidaire Microwave oven, so I called Heartland they told me to call Frigidaire about the problem, so I was connected to a automated phone line and getting so annoyed not being able to speak to a real person, I went online to appliance repair.com and figured out that more than likely the control board went bad. The cost was $150.00 plus shipping. My microwave had never been used not one time, a little over a year old. I figured that by the time I spent the money to repair it and still no warranty I would be better off to replace it. I went to Sears and bought a Kenmore Elite Microwave/convection and trashed the Frigidaire, thank god that is the only FRIGIDAIRE product in the RV.

JeromyS

Yes it will be your control board. We had both Microwaves in our 37 Ulitmate go out with the same behavior (although not Frigidaire). We were able to find replacements at Wal-Mart which fit the old dimensions exactly for 70 bucks each if I remember correctly. Ours happened because we inadvertently plugged into a bad powersource (prior to having a SurgeProtector) and that's all it took. Fried almost every 110v electronic in the coach (Microwaves, TVs, Power Converter, Blu-Ray players, Coffee pots - that was the real travesty!)

Lesson learned and we now have a 50 am Surge Guard in hopes of preventing this situation in the future.

Jim.Allison

Everyone needs an EMS. I bought a permanently installed version, I took out the basement wall and installed it before the transfer switch, if you don't have a transfer switch (no gen or gen prep). Otherwise just install on main wire behind basement wall. I put the monitor on the basement door on the left side of the coach so I can see it when I hook up. It works like a charm. The outside model is expensive and is subject to theft. But is still a great item in that you do not have to wire anything, it is just plug and play. It is not going to keep a lighting bolt from damaging your rig but it will keep bad pedestal power out.

Question? Has anyone ever filed an insurance claim on appliances destroyed because of bad pedestal power? If so what were the results?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith, I looked in the pantry closet for reference page supplied by Heartland and found no listing for the Frigidaire Microwave oven, so I called Heartland they told me to call Frigidaire about the problem, so I was connected to a automated phone line and getting so annoyed not being able to speak to a real person, I went online to appliance repair.com and figured out that more than likely the control board went bad. The cost was $150.00 plus shipping. My microwave had never been used not one time, a little over a year old. I figured that by the time I spent the money to repair it and still no warranty I would be better off to replace it. I went to Sears and bought a Kenmore Elite Microwave/convection and trashed the Frigidaire, thank god that is the only FRIGIDAIRE product in the RV.

Thanks texaston. I will look into the Sears Kenmore Elite. Not sure if I'm going to replace right now though. When we ordered our coach, DW wanted the conventional gas oven, so we just don't use the convection part of the Frigidaire. As long as I can unplug and re-plug in the micro and get it working, I'm not sure I want to spend the money to replace it (i.e. I'm cheap). If the microwave starts not working, I'll definitely look at the Kenmore.

Al.K

Update to our microwave story. Called Heartland, and they took our all our info on Wednesday. By Friday Frigidaire called to tell us they were shipping the repair part to us, and wanting to schedule a technician. Repairman came out an replaced the keypad, and all is well. All at no cost to us, and our microwave was out of warranty.
Great job by Heartland and Frigidaire.