Day/Night Shade Attachment

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So, last night the wife wants to pull down the shade over the sofa. It resists a bit, then down it comes...right off the wall. The screw in the corner pulled out of the thin wall board. I had to remove the valance and lambroquins to get it back on. Lots of fun, that was. That assembly only had three screws holding it up. One in the valance, and one each at the bottom of the lambroquins. Of course, the 20-ton sofa had to be moved out of the way to work on it.

This has moved the urgency up a couple of notches to replace it and the dining table shade with Levolor vertical blinds, just like I did for the rear windows.

Jim.Allison

I feel you pain. Mine was the smaller window next to the rear window. Exact same thing.

So, last night the wife wants to pull down the shade over the sofa. It resists a bit, then down it comes...right off the wall. The screw in the corner pulled out of the thin wall board. I had to remove the valance and lambroquins to get it back on. Lots of fun, that was. That assembly only had three screws holding it up. One in the valance, and one each at the bottom of the lambroquins. Of course, the 20-ton sofa had to be moved out of the way to work on it.

This has moved the urgency up a couple of notches to replace it and the dining table shade with Levolor vertical blinds, just like I did for the rear windows.