Vent fans

61Hawks

We have a Cyclone 300C and in the bedroom and garage the vents have the useless bathroom type fan and my DW wants Fantastic fans installed but I'm thinking the Max Air fans could be better. We had a Fantastic fan in the bedroom of our last 5th wheel but I could not stand the rain sensor opening and closing all night. Maybe too much info. What I really want to know is which fan do you all think is better for running and ease of installation. Thanks

szewczyk_john

My road warrior 305rw has the fantastic fan in the garage. If you leave the sliding glass door open you can get a real nice draft coming through the entire unit as the fan is pulling air through the unit. It gets even better if you open the two small windows in the bedroom slide. We have a cover over the bedroom vent that prevents rain from coming in but still allows for airflow.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
An alternative to the dinky OEM bathroom fans are the Heng Vortex fans. Much greater airflow, less irritating sound, and they have a model with both forward and reverse speeds. Easy to install in the same
Opening without going on the roof. I put a one way/single speed in the bath and the multispeed one in the bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There are "levels" of Fantastic Fans. We installed the base model. It has 3 speeds and reverse. No rain sensor. Manual crank for the vent lid. We added a Fantastic Fan Vent Cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Either fan will work. You will have to install manual fans. I doubt if its pre-wired for thermostats. Who knows, maybe Fantastic Fans makes a fan the works with a remote.

ramdually4100king

Who knows, maybe Fantastic Fans makes a fan the works with a remote.

Yup. We have one in the garage.

+1 on the fantastic vent covers. We can leave the vents open, fans off, while moving down the road and it helps not having a trailer that's 150deg when setting up.

PeppyMint

I'd like to put a Fantastic fan in the bedroom in lieu of the plain vent but would there be 12 volt there? I know there's supposed to be 110 for A/C. Amazon has a Fantastic Vent with variable speeds, reverse, remote with the rain sensor for $241.00
[h=1][/h]

brianharrison

I'd like to put a Fantastic fan in the bedroom in lieu of the plain vent but would there be 12 volt there? I know there's supposed to be 110 for A/C. Amazon has a Fantastic Vent with variable speeds, reverse, remote with the rain sensor for $241.00

I added the MaxxAir fan to replace the bedroom plain vent. The 12V was there; you can remove the vent trim from your existing vent and see if the 12V wires are present. I am pretty sure they are.....

Brian

JohnDar

Unless you absolutely want the remote control and rain sensor, the newer Heng Vortex has forward/reverse speeds and is pretty quiet (compared to the OEM fan). Putting a standard MaxxAir cover over it allows operation rain or shine. And the cost is under $100. I put one in our bedroom and it does the job.

PeppyMint

I added the MaxxAir fan to replace the bedroom plain vent. The 12V was there; you can remove the vent trim from your existing vent and see if the 12V wires are present. I am pretty sure they are.....

Brian

Thanks Brian, I'll remove the trim and look. Hopefully they do provide it on the lower end trailers.:eek:

PeppyMint

Unless you absolutely want the remote control and rain sensor, the newer Heng Vortex has forward/reverse speeds and is pretty quiet (compared to the OEM fan). Putting a standard MaxxAir cover over it allows operation rain or shine. And the cost is under $100. I put one in our bedroom and it does the job.

Thanks John, I'll check the Heng Vortex out. Can't beat that price!

JohnDar

Adventure RV has what looks like the same one for $94.99. Manufacturer's Number: 90046-CR

Go for it! I actually bought mine last winter and installed it this spring. Like everything...prices subject to change without notice.