Work Titles added to forum for Heartland Employees

truknutt

Committed Member
Jim,

As a suggestion, would it be feasible to have the Factory Reps identified with their actual name instead of a run-of-the-mill UserName and instead of being identified as a "JUNIOR MEMBER" or "MEMBER" use their title or just "HEARTLAND".

There are so many of us newbies on the Forum now that don't know for sure who that "JUNIOR MEMBER" is who is giving me advice. I believe it would help lend to their credibility.

User "gregd" is an example. Based upon his posts, I believe he has something to do with the Cyclone line but I'm not completely sure. (Does he?) When I look him up in the Members List all it says is that he is from Elkhart, IN.

Thanks,

Dave

jbeletti

Dave,

Your idea was a good one and it was well received at Heartland. This also gave us an opportunity to have Heartland scrub the list of forum users that are Heartland employees. Like any business, there will be some turn-over of staff. So we were able to do some clean-up.

And the best news is that for the Heartland employees that are forum members, their User Title now corresponds to the Work Title at Heartland. We elected to not tag their name after or before the User Title as it would just get to be too long. Most of them sign with their name but at least you know that you're getting an answer from a factory employee and what position they hold.

Thanks again for a great suggestion.

Jim

linuxkidd

We actually did a few things...

1. All Heartland Employees now have the Heartland logo as their avatar
2. Their Member status is now their position withing Heartland
3. Their usernames appear RED

Excellent idea, we just went a step farther.. :)
LK