Which air Bag System

Rodbuster

After doing some reading on this forum and also doing some research, I think that I've decided to get a air bag system for my truck.
Although there are many opinions out there, I've have not read about any product that would be specific to my truck. I've read many reports about systems that need modifications, mostly because of the location of the DEF system.

I have a 2011 Ford F350 Dually with the 6.7 engine. I don't really care about the on-board compressor system....just a good air system that will take care of the squatting.
I am pulling a 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon.

I'm on the road for another 2 1/2 months so again I say....looking for a system "specific" for my truck ("if" there is such a system).

Thank you.
Dick

Rrloren

I bought and installed the Firestone air bag system and if I remember right I ordered them for my Dodge and they went on using only simple wrenches, not one hole had to be drilled.
No interference with any part of the exhaust system and they even provided a small metal shield to protect the bag on the exhaust pipe side.
If you order specifically for your truck I would expect you will have the same results.

pegmikef

I am no expert, but I have a similar truck albeit a 2013 and had my local Ford accessories dealer put on an airbag system and they used the Airlift system which has worked well for me for fifteen months now. I keep it at 10 psi when not towing and 35 - 40 psi towing.

scottyb

It's like Ford and Chevy. Personal preference and everyone seems to be happy. Mine are Firestones. Next time they may be Air Lift. An on-board compressor is a matter of what your price point is.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a 14 f350 and a friends son owns a truck accessory business and he recommended me to get the firestones. So that is way I am going. Also getting compressor and gauge with switch in cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim.Allison

I got the AirLift 5000 with internal jounce pad. I liked the internal jounce because the bag went on the original jounce fitting so the bag with a jounce internally it seemed appropriate. Mine installed in less than 30 minutes. I might add that I was completely satisfied with the quality. I cannot make a comparison to the competitors.

As far as an onboard compressor is concerned, I can tell you that I have never needed one and do not have one. I do however have a compressor on my fiver. So inflation and deflation is not a problem for me.

Use caution with hyperextension of your shocks. I carry 5 to ten lbs unloaded and about 25 lbs loaded. It really does not take much pressure to accomplish what you want.

Miltp920

I bought the air lift 5000 also. I did buy the cab compressor controller. It is a luxury, but just pushing a button in the cab to raise and lower pressure is nice. Treat yourself to some conveinence if you can afford it. I had read those that have it, really like it. The only thing is, I cant individually control them. If your loading requires more pressure on one side than the other, I dont think cab control can do that.

dbbls59

I have the same truck as you and I installed Air Lift 5000. I also have the factory 5th wheel prep and hitch. The right side bag went on very easy, took about 2 hours. The left one was a bear because of the 5th wheel under bed mount. In total it took me 8 hours to do the install. I installed the same air bags on my 1999 F250 and it was a snap. Of course I was several years younger than too. I don't have a compressor onboard and ran the lines out the back through the top license plate holes.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have a 2012 F350 Dually with the Firestone Ride Rite airbags with manual fill valves mounted on my rear bumper. It is a great system and hauls my Bighorn around with a level bed with 35 lbs of pressure in the bags. 2nd rig and more than 12 years with the Firestone bags and we have complete faith in them.

Rod Ditrich

jdamude

Like many others, I too gave a 2014 Ford F450 and installed the Firestone Air bag system. We also installed the on board compressor to inflate.

the compressor also works good for the bike tires.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Dang I fat fingered that one. Dick my F350 sat a little with our new BH at the Tn rally. I have since put on the Airlift 5000 and really like the way it works. I only need 35 psi when towing and run 10 empty. Truck handles much better setting level like it did with the old BH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrRvGypsy

Second, third, fourth??? vote for the Firestone Ride-Rite bags. I installed the no drill kit in about 3 hours on my 2010 Ford F350 dually absolutely no interference problems at all. Transformed our TV and trailer ride as the trailer was hard on the overloads springs.

Jim.Allison

I dont know what brand, I think they are all good, but I like the internal Jounce model that I got with the AirLift. If Firestone has it then Firestone is a good brand too. AirLift had a $50 rebate. One thing you might consider is what brand is more available so that incase you are in sub saharan africa And one fails, you can get one. LOL. On the RAM truck you will be removing the jounce to install the airbag. You will then not have a jounce pad. Soooooo you get both by buying with internal jounce. I dont know it just seemed logical at the time when I bought.