geeksrus

I'm normally on everyday & just access the NEW POSTS. The last couple of days, I get way more than the 'new' posts... some up to 4 weeks old.

I hope this can be fixed.

EH!

linuxkidd

Please check out this thread regarding a forum setting that was changed..

Modified forum settings for 'Read Posts' tracking! PLEASE READ!

LK

geeksrus

I don't seem to understand what the info you provided means. I think you are giving me a lot of computer GIBBERISH!:confused:

Most forums where I participate have a NEW POSTS option... simply 'clicking' on this you get JUST the postings since your last log in. In fact, this forum was this way until a few days ago. THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

Now it SEEMS that one has to go through a bunch of keyboard gymnastics to accomplish a simple task. If this is the case, HISS BOO!:p

jpmorgan37

Geekrus;

Let me try to put it into Minnesota english and maybe it will make a little more sense to you. In the past, if you sign on and started to read the posts that were new, and had to leave for a few minutes, when you came back, the new post function had disappeared (timed out). With the setting as it is now, the post that have not been read will not time out. You will make a one time adjustment and then it will be just like old times again except you will be able to stop in the middle of reading and come back and every unread post will still be there for you to peruse.

Hope this helps.

John

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Modified forum settings for 'Read Posts'

I have to agree with geeksrus that the old method was better. When you logged off ALL the posts were marked as read. IF you logged back on after that and wanted to see NEW posts for the past 24 hours, all you had to do was click that option. I think the old way was more efficient. I rarely needed to use the 24 hour option.

jpmorgan37

Tom;

That option is still there. You can still look at "Today's Posts" or "Past 24 hours". That hasn't changed. We just lost the "timed log off" for unread post which was the reason for the update.

John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I usually get on the forum at least once a day, sometimes 2 or 3 times. It depends on our activities for the day. I always use the last 24 hours link. I find that more convenient because it only shows any posts since my last log in. If I haven't been logged in for a couple days, I can just browse the entire forum for what I'm interested in and I'm good to go. I'm no computer whiz for sure. I just keep it simple and then there's no worries :) .

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't know what happened but this morning when I logged in I noticed the "Quick Links" tab was no longer in the tool bar. Now it's back. Was this a test? OR Was I just blind? I like the Quick Links tab.

jbeletti

Good question Ray. I'll let Michael answer it. Who really knows how all that software stuff works anyway? :eek:

Jim

linuxkidd

It seems that the settings that enabled the Quick Links and the Search drop down boxes got out of sync. I checked the settings for those features, and it was set correctly. I hit 'Save' even though nothing was changed and when I did that, they were back.

Regarding the New Posts feature change: I realize it may take some time to get used to. The easiest thing to do is when you are finished reading the threads you are interested in for that session, click 'Quick Links' at the top, and then click 'Mark Forums Read'. If you do this, then the New Posts feature will work in about the same fashion it did before. A few extra steps, but the same result.

I hope this doesn't cause too much of an inconvenience.

LK

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
The wife thinks I'm obessed with Heartland Owner Forum? The information that I have gathered in the short period of time is Great!! Many things that I plan to address from all the threads I've read. The searches that I've made and the answers that I got will save many question to my Dealer.To think about how many Heartland Owners that are not aware that they too could have my same problem.I'm I alone or is there other obsessed Owners?

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I am with you, Freckles. I have copied some posts and took them in to my dealer. I have been able to get a jump on issues before I have a problem. The tech at my dealer checks the forum and has been made a ware of issues and solutions. Happy camping.