Can 2013 GMC Yukon Handle WD3175RE?

Gator11

Hey Guys-

I was wondering if my 2013 GMC Yukon can handle towing the WD375 RE? My Yukon ha an 8100 lb towing capacity. The WD3175 RE is almost 36 ft in length an weighs 6995 lbs. I do not plan on towing longer than about 2-300 miles and will not be in the mountains or anything like that. I will not be loading the trailer with water or anything real heavy. Thanks in advance.

Jim.Allison

The general answer is that you are probably OK. But you really should figure your weights like this. What is the GCVWR of your Yukon? Now you can determine if your Yukon can tow this safely. The next figure you need is what is the MAX tongue weight of the Yukon and what is the tongue weight of the trailer? If you are within this then you are good to go.

BUT you need to make sure that you have not accidentally lowered your tongue weight if and when you put new tires. You should also make sure that you have all the hitch equipment and that your rig rides level. Add airbags if you have to to make it level. I have seen rigs with load distribution bars come into RV parks with their rear bumpers dragging the ground. Airbags would eliminate this problem and they are easy to install.

I suppose your Yukon has the trailer brake actuator already installed and a class iv hitch?

Hey Guys-

I was wondering if my 2013 GMC Yukon can handle towing the WD375 RE? My Yukon ha an 8100 lb towing capacity. The WD3175 RE is almost 36 ft in length an weighs 6995 lbs. I do not plan on towing longer than about 2-300 miles and will not be in the mountains or anything like that. I will not be loading the trailer with water or anything real heavy. Thanks in advance.