Replacing carpet with linoleum tile

Marie

Our 22FBS has carpeting under the slide and dinette. Can this be removed
and replaced with linoleum tile - it is very hard to keep it clean!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I see no reason why you couldn't do what you want.
The only problem area that I see would be where the slide floor transitions to the main floor.
The carpet kinda hides that.
But I'm sure that someone has done it successfully with some sort of trim strip.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Only concern I have is that the tile squares may not be forgiving for the temperature swings inside an unoccupied trailer. They may spread apart or pull up as the glue is subjected to varying temperatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Majestic

We have vinyl planking in ours, if it gets damaged, simply heat it with a heat gun, pull out the bad strip and replace

VKTalley

Our 22FBS has carpeting under the slide and dinette. Can this be removedand replaced with linoleum tile - it is very hard to keep it clean!
We just replaced all the carpeting and dark linoleum in our rig with peel and stick tiles (kitchen and bath) and vinyl plank flooring (living room, hall, and bedroom). we did leave the carpet on the two slides in the living room (I have a rear kitchen) as they do not see much foot traffic, except for by our cat. Check out our blog for more details on what we used and did.

jimtoo

Hi ricepaulette,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and hope you get the info your looking for.

Jim M

VKTalley

Is this tile you installed waterproof. What kind was it?

The tile we used is waterproof and so is the plank flooring. Both were bought at Lowe's. The tiles are StyleSelections and the "wood" flooring is Shaw vinyl plank flooring. I have already spilled water on the kitchen floor and it cleaned up very [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]easily, so our cat likes to move her water bowl and it sloshes out. [/FONT]