Missing Cap

wdk450

Gang:
I was up on the roof for some inspection and vent cover replacement, and noticed that what seems to be a cap for a sewer vent(?) is missing. I cn account for the 3 caps on the 3 tanks, so I am not sure what this is (and what to search for). It is located above the bathroom sink area in my 2007 Bighorn 3670RL, and is about twice the diameter of the tank vent caps. Here are some pictures of what is now there, and maybe someone knows what is missing.
024.jpg Next, here is a pic of the roof area, with vents and shower skylight. The item in question is just forward of the shower skylight, in the upper center of the picture:
023.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That's the "attic" vent.
Your "attic" has fiberglass insulation which requires ventilation to prevent moisture and heat buildup.
You are missing the cap. You may have to purchase the entire vent.
HERE is a little information.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Thanks for the info on what to call it. I couldn't find it online in Camping World or Amazon, but there are some other vendors about there. I'll give the local RV parts place here in Newport, Oregon first try.

wdk450

I found the vent on E-Bay, and a Google search came up wit an old Heartland forum post by Kerry Katzenberg (product manager) that the part is a "Trusty Products" brand part number 17480AW, which matches what is offered on E-Bay.

I tried the local RV/Marine parts dealer in Newport, Or. yesterday. He didn't have it or a listing of it in his big catalog of RV parts. I am going to stop in there again on my way to town today, and have him check on the marine parts side, since these are also used as boating vents.

Gary521

I just replaced mine from hail damage. The full name is Keystone Mushroom vent cap. There are only a couple places on the internet that have them or you can get them directly from Heartland. ALLRVStuff or Stalkup RV. The Ebay site does not work.

wdk450

I finally got the vent in today, went up on the roof and installed the cap. In my humble opinion this is an incident just waiting to happen on EVERYBODY'S rig, since the cap simply unscrews from a center stud bolt, and wind and vibration will most likely make it come loose. I put a dab of RVers Goop on the stud before screwing the cap on. I feel good that that stuff will keep it from coming loose again.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bill,
That's a good idea. I know Art also lost one a few years back. Trace