110 outlets - Need more outlets!

Sans1

On my Torque 291, I have two 110 outlets in the garage under the shelf (one is next to the TV prep, the other is in the same location on the street side) Both of these are in the garage side of the sliding door. The couch is located in the roadside slide out. There are 0, Zero, Nada outlets of any kind on the roadside which means, if you are sitting on the couch you need to plug in on the curb side in the galley. There is a small section of wall between the slide out trim and the patio door that seemsplenty big enough to place one. Another goodlocation would be in between the front of the couch (as in the front of thecoach) and the stairs on the street side wall (about 2 feet of space). Too late for me but maybe the next buyer will benefit.

jimtoo

Hi Sans1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for your recommendation, which is good. I'm sure some of our other members are probably wanting to do the same thing. So if you do add an outlet, be sure you take a picture or two and show us how you did it.

Again, welcome aboard and think of making a rally when you can where you will meet lots of great folks.

Jim M

geohunt

We have the Torque 325, hate that there is only one plug in the garage (second one in the garage half bath) If our grown kids camp with us there is no way to plug in their phones. Would love ideas on how to add more. We are also planning to add an outside garage side door light, can't understand why they would have over looked a light there? But we still love our toy hauler.

KelliCrum

Just spend a full week finally in my new TQ 325. Love it, but sure have found a lot of (or lack of) things that not really happy about. This being one of them. I can believe the lack of 110 outlet thru out the whole coach but the garage is really bad. You have to drape an extension cord for power. Some poor designing. I hope the take these posts into consideration on future models.

- - - Updated - - -

Just spend a full week finally in my new TQ 325. Love it, but sure have found a lot of (or lack of) things that not really happy about. This being one of them. I can believe the lack of 110 outlet thru out the whole coach but the garage is really bad. You have to drape an extension cord for power. Some poor designing. I hope the take these posts into consideration on future models.

elligw

- - - Updated - - -

Move forward to Aug 9th 2017 and I also wish they would put just one 110v outlet on the wall in the Heartland Torque 325. We look like the Clampetts using painters tape to hold the extension cord to the
wall for the sleep/breathing machine.

Last edited:

660griz

I hate that there are no outlets on the outside.(T32) I like to plug in work lights for night time corn hole games. I have to run an extension inside.

RZRSC

I hate that there are no outlets on the outside.(T32) I like to plug in work lights for night time corn hole games. I have to run an extension inside.

Could not agree. Ore and this may be one reason we look for a different toyhauler

porthole

Retired
You can thank the lack of outlets to 3 things:
Type of construction (laminated walls)
Cost
Management - listen - our concerns.

Bought our trailer in July 2009, and the lack of outlets and placement was discussed with the Cyclone plant manager and product line manager.

Haven't seen much change.

Im using a phone currently, so you'll have to search, but if you go to my "mods" link below I have added multiple outlets, including 3 duplex boxes in the garage.

Puzzled_1

I added 3 outlets to my T32, two in the kitchen, one on each side of the stove. One in the garage. I thought it was odd that the garage only had one other up high for the TV. No way to plug in something like a battery tender. Fixed that issue!! The kitchen had cords running over the edge of the counter, momma didn't like that.

Attachments

• IMG_20161018_175624374.jpg
    IMG_20161018_175624374.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20161005_182126061.jpg
    IMG_20161005_182126061.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20161018_174501657.jpg
    IMG_20161018_174501657.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited: