Blowmax find new home on horse trailer.

Miltp920

Tonight, partly due to the advice I found on this site, I sold my Blowmax OEM tires using Craigslist, to a fella who plans to put them on a two axle horse trailer. Not sure how much they weigh, but I told him my Cyclone weighed 15,500 lbs. $50 each, 5 tires, $250. Helped me pay for the 12 ply upgrades. I feel so much more confident with those Towmax off the Cyclone. IF you took yours off, there is a market for them out there.

Tombstonejim

I have two horse trailers I would not let those things get anywhere close to either one of them.

A two horse trailer normally would have a gross weight of 7500. But, those things (towmax) are still junk.

Miltp920

Hey, better on a horse trailer than on my 5er.

As long as the trailer and the horses weigh about 10,000 lbs or less, he should have improved margin over what I had.

I figure thos tires were designed to carry 12,000 lbs on the 5er on two axles. Not effectively as we have read.

Lighten the weight enough, and even junk tires should do the job.

I have two horse trailers I would not let those things get anywhere close to either one of them.

A two horse trailer normally would have a gross weight of 7500. But, those things (towmax) are still junk.

Miltp920

So, I should have sent the buyer who showed up with cash to buy tires away when he told me he was buying them for a horse trailer? Held out for someone else looking for a trailer carrying inanimate objects? Happy to have gotten $250 to put toward my replacement tires. He had researched two potential tire buys on craigslist and picked mine.

First thing I thought also was "Poor Horses" ;)

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
HOnestly, I would have turned him away. I've had horses in the past and their life is worth way more than my 5er. My cats ride in my 5er which is why we're getting new tires and retiring the old ones. Don't want anything alive riding on those suckers.

So, I should have sent the buyer who showed up with cash to buy tires away when he told me he was buying them for a horse trailer? Held out for someone else looking for a trailer carrying inanimate objects? Happy to have gotten $250 to put toward my replacement tires. He had researched two potential tire buys on craigslist and picked mine.
That $250 would be better spent on a really good mattress.