Squeak in front jack

mystic

Hi,

Last couple of days we have been getting a squeak noise on the front LH jack as we move in the bedroom. Traced it to the square jack tube. Moved the jack up and down a little with the motor, and it is better, but still there.

Should we be lubricating something in the jack tube itself?

Peter

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
You might check the bolts on each end of the square drive tube. They have a knack for the nuts coming off and thus a loose bolt more noise and when the bolt falls out no jack movement. Don't ask how I know this.;)....Ken

mystic

Hi,

Thanks for the info about the nuts. - one nut was off. Not the cause of the problem though, but caught it before it became one.

We've been fulltime 3 months in our Sundance now. Covered 6000km. Starting to find little things happening. We're the other side of the country from our dealer, and no one knows the tricks on fixing them. Got a squeeky tap and a poor shower flow, but just trying to get inside them to see what can be done is tricky, and no shops carry the American sized fittings. We'll sort it out ourselves in the end.

Our rig draws glances where ever we go. Not that many 5ers in Australia, and the 2900Mk is a very big rig for here.

Peter
(presently in Margaret River, Western Australia, working on the wine grape harvest.).

katkens

Have you tried taking the shower head off and checking flow? Maybe sawdust or debris restricting flow. LOL...Ken

mystic

Hi,

Could be.... but how do you get the shower head off?

I look at it, and can't see anything that would undo. Got plenty of tools, and used to doing my own work, butjust can't see how to get into this without breaking it.

Peter

katkens

Hi,

Could be.... but how do you get the shower head off?

I look at it, and can't see anything that would undo. Got plenty of tools, and used to doing my own work, but just can't see how to get into this without breaking it.

Peter

Peter good :confused: my trailers at the dealers so can't look. I wonder if you take the hose.... head off and try blowing some air through it. Maybe someone else looking at one can respond....Ken

jpmorgan37

Peter;

If your shower head is like mine, I can't take it apart, but I unscrew the hose and take the head off of the hose, flushed out the hose, then back flushed the shower head in the kitchen sink and it made a big difference in the water flow.

Good luck

John