Leaky gutter

dfournet

I have a Heartland North Trail Caliber Edition 26ft BRSS. The gutter that is attached to the awning has a slow drip leak in the middle of the gutter. I am wondering if there is a seam in the gutter. It is still under warranty so if it is one long piece I would bring it in to get the entire gutter replaced as opposed to just caulking the spot of the leak.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a Heartland North Trail Caliber Edition 26ft BRSS. The gutter that is attached to the awning has a slow drip leak in the middle of the gutter. I am wondering if there is a seam in the gutter. It is still under warranty so if it is one long piece I would bring it in to get the entire gutter replaced as opposed to just caulking the spot of the leak.

Welcome to the forum. I would call Heartland directly, have your Vin handy, and find out directly from them before you bring it to a shop. Also, maybe some one here will be able to answer as well but for my BC there are no seams in the gutter that I can see.

Also, why don't you go ahead and join the owners club? I am the new chapter leader here in Louisiana and am looking to hosting several rallies between now and this time next year. Why not give it a test spin and try the free one year option.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donr827

Usually you will have a seam in the gutter rail at some place. In the past when I have cleaned the gutter real good and put a little caulk to stop or slow down the leak. You might call HK customer service and see what they recommend.Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I had the same problem, only my leaks were caused by my dealership when they replaced the top outside panels on both sides of my trailer just after we took delivery of it!

Apparently it was a known issue, but they did a chinsy job putting the gutters and rails back on.

It took me four more visits and some arguing with my dealership to get them to fix it right . . . they claim it is now out of warranty and will charge me next time I have this problem!

I'll let you know in a month or two if their final fix worked!

I did notice that the seam in the awning track is still leaking on mine . . . guess I'll have to slap a little caulking on it!

Here a some shots of two of the leaks:

AwningLeak1-IMG_1349.jpg AwningLeak2-IMG_1352.jpg EveDrip-IMG_1355.jpg BadCaulking3-5-2014-IMG_1840.jpg

Note that the last two shots are the same spot, but taken six months apart . . . and between repairs!

So far that spot seems to be holding and looks good.

mobilcastle

Sashco Lexel Elastomeric Synthetic Rubber Caulk, 5 oz Squeeze Tube,...
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Get some of this and seal. I don't think it will ever leak again