2014 Trail Rinner 29FQBS

Angelo.S

She is finally home, We purchased this trailer last fall at the RV show in Toronto and we were set to pick it up last week of May. I went to pick it up and to my surprize there were issues with the unit. The first and most obvious was the rust under the trailer frame, including the steps, stabalizer jacks. Why do these trailers rust so easy.We ordered the unit with a black manual awning and It was white. The most up setting of all was the small dings over the main entry side of the trailer. They told me its caused by the staples that are under the siding but when the sun hits it at that perfect angle it pops. The dealer ship ordered me a brand new unit and They called me to tell me it arrived but it had been involved in an accident and sustained $9000 damage.

So here we are two weeks away from our annual family vacation and we are scrambling . The dealership touched up the frame and changed the awning threw in a led tv and refunded me my cost of he slid top awing I had them install. So at the end of the day we have our trailer with a few added dings and a lot of sanding and painting for me to do on the rust.

My new task is to setup my equalizer hitch properly on my 2011 F150 XLT 2WD. Does anyone own this trailer and can tell me the exact height of the coupler when sitting level. The closest measurement I get is about 19". Does this sound right I am having way to much compression on the back of my truck . It drops like 4" and it does not seem right

Thanks
Angelo

jimtoo

Hi Angelo.S

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in soon with the info your looking for.

I am also moving the thread to a better area for you.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Angelo . . . how did you make out with your new Trail Runner?

Please chime in and let us know . . .