Battery Charge?

jbsiii

Does anyone have any guidance on how long you can expect to operate on a single battery charge? With the heated underbelly, furnace usage, lights, etc would a single charge on the battery last for a weekend campout in cooler weather, or should I upgrade to dual batteries and/or look at getting a generator?

Thanks!

John

grizzlygiant

With a single battery you are going to have to be VERY conservative with your electrical usage, especially the furnace, if you want to make it through the weekend. Two batteries would be a lot better (twice as good!) and a generator would give you unlimited power at the expense of fuel and noise. I have two 6V batteries and a propane generator.

vangoes

If you are running the furnace with any frequency I would not look for more than a 24 hour period on one battery.......without the furnace and using energy for just lights, you could look at several days. Be careful about pulling the battery down too low; you will not be able to get the slides in if the battery is drained. Take jumper cables or an auxillary power supply to pull slides in if needed.