Warranty ??'s

CampingJunkie

Complete newbie here. Our first TT was bought used well beyond the warranty. We are looking into purchasing a new 28BHS North Trail. I live in SC. If I were to buy a unit from a dealer in MI, can I go to a local dealer here in SC for the warranty work? Does the local dealer have to do the work or can they refuse since I did not buy the unit from them?

Thanks for the help.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Suggest that you repost this in the "Ask the Factory" portion so that it will be answered by someone at the factory. IMO, the answer would be "yes", but that would be up to the dealer as to how you will be treated.

jpmorgan37

CampingJunkie;

This question has come up before a number of times. The factory will assist you in getting repairs done on your RV, whether from a Heartland dealer or from an independent service center. Since many of us travel with our RV's, it is not unusual to be away from our selling dealer. If a dealer is reluctant to do warranty repair, just contact Heartland Customer Service and they will find a repair facility to handle your service.

Hope this helps,

John

medic9016

There is a Hearland dealer and service in Ridgeland Sc Exit 21 on I-95. It is Boat n Rv Warehouse. They have been great servicing our North Trail. They had about 12 or so North Trails on the lot a few weeks ago. I will be in there Monday if you would like for me to check on a model for you.

CampingJunkie

There is a Hearland dealer and service in Ridgeland Sc Exit 21 on I-95. It is Boat n Rv Warehouse. They have been great servicing our North Trail. They had about 12 or so North Trails on the lot a few weeks ago. I will be in there Monday if you would like for me to check on a model for you.

Hey Medic9016, thanks for the offer. We have found what we wanted here in Columbia thank goodness.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Jennifer

M

Mcreech

CampingJunkie,
The factory can apply pressure to a dealer but in the end a dealer will do what they want to do.....Here is main problem with dealers. If you buy something from the local dealer he will usually bend over backwards to make things right with you, which means squeezing you in for service. However, if you decide to take maybe a little cheaper deal somewhere else, i can promise you the local dealer will not go out of his way to fit you in his service and sometimes this can be a 2 month wait.....No when you are traveling through the states, all dealers are more then willing to do what they can to fit you in and get you back on the road.....I would always give your local dealer a change......