Key Largo

adam

The Fifth Wheel is home!

We have taken 2 days to get everything packed into the new unit from the motorhome. So far we have installed the basement sliding tray, the new Max Air bathroom fan, removed the dining room table and installed the 4 Trojan batteries.

The next few weekends will be shake-down trips to make our "dealer-to-fix" list - hopefully its small. We love the spacious feel of the high ceilings and overall the coach seems to be tidy and in good order. We have noticed that the drawer bottoms are very weak so we have heavy kitchen items on the floor.

I have only included 1 quick and (lame) photo of the new truck and trailer - sorry I will get more this weekend. I have been going in circles getting her ready!

PS - This is my first Dodge - ever. We have a new F150 and have had a great assortment of super duty Ford trucks over the years - but after having the Cummins in our motorhome there was no going back. It seems to handle the trailer nicely.

Thanks

Adam and Susan Hunter

Attachments

• photo-36.JPG
    photo-36.JPG
    684.2 KB · Views: 184

jbeletti

Congrats Adam. It all looks good in the driveway. Is that shelter off to the side, for the RV?

I've heard of people having trouble with the drawer bottoms before. I've had a bunch of Heartland rigs and only had to repair a drawer bottom twice. You may want want to remove them and do some reinforcement now and be done with it - at least on the ones you'll store a lot of weight in. Or put it on your dealer to fix list.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and Welcome to the Key Largo Club (haha). We have had our Key Largo for about 4 months and thoroughly enjoy it. As Jim asked, it would be interesting to see what you did with the dining room table. Pictures please.

Enjoy and travel safely.

adam

Good Evening Everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments.

The shelter we have is built by Kodiak Shelters in Selkirk. Manitoba. CAN. The company will ship anywhere and will build to suit. You can assemble one of there structures in a couple of days. It uses all North American material and the cover has a 15 year warranty. Ours is 20 X 48. It goes along way protecting against the sun and winter weather.

I wish I had a revealing or some new cutting edge design for the table area. We did the same thing in our last motorhome.
When we RV, we do very little formal dining and we feel the free standing or in the case of the Key Largo table fits 2 at best. We simply removed the table and pedestal leg, and took the 2 solid dining chairs to the house. We will now use the faux cabinet (as we have the exterior TV option) as a breakfast bar with the 2 folding chairs. I have ordered a standard RV pedestal mount and will modify the Key Largo table to be used occasionally - like for kids crafts or a game of cards. We also carry 4 hardwood folding TV tables that we use to eat from. Most importantly for us travelling with 2 young children we now have a great space for a extra mattress if the children bring a friend along.
When we shopped the market for a fifth wheel we didn't want to get a typical "family bunkhouse" floorplan because we didn't want to forgo the extra luxury feel of a unit like the Landmark. So we make the floorplan work for us!

I do not have any current pics of the Key Largo table mods, but I have uncluded copies of how the arrangement looked in our last unit.

Thanks
Adam

Attachments

• IMG_4212.jpg
    IMG_4212.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4211.jpg
    IMG_4211.jpg
    693.6 KB · Views: 141