New to the Forum! Considering a Big Horn Fifth Wheel

ykcamom

Just to introduce myself, we purchased a Jayco Jayflight trailer last year. It's only 24 feet but that's because we wanted to see how committed we are to RVing as a couple (as opposed to earlier years when we always had the kids)!

We just returned from a long trip and really enjoyed it. During the trip we started checking out fifth wheels as this is what we intend to upgrade to later on. We really like our Jayco and had been primarily looking at Eagles and the Pinnacle, but then we ran into the Big Horn models and are very impressed.

So I joined this owners forum as a way to get to know the manufacturer and learn from owners. I'm also a member of the Jayco owners forum.

Sunset4k

Welcome!! So glad you found your way here!! As with any RV manufacturer, you will see good and not so good reviews. We have a 2013 ElkRidge 34QSRL purchased in May last year. We had some issues with it in the beginning, but it was all fixed under warranty. I did a lot of research and talked to several service managers at various dealers and they all agreed that Heartland was no better or worse than any other manufacturer.
This is one of the better forums out there and there are some very knowledgeable folks here who have helped us a great deal. They are always willing to help solve a problem. Plus the Heartland Owners Club is a good way to get involved with a local chapter. We attended our first Rally this spring and met a great group of folks and learned a lot in the process. The Big Horns are awesome rigs... They have great floor plans. Good luck with your decision making process!!!! Our next rig will be either a Big Country or Big Horn!!
Happy travels!!

MRBailey

We also looked at hundreds of fifth wheels before purchasing, we found a Big Country 3691SK- just a notch lower than Big Horn and we love it! I recommend this, as this brand stands out (to us, just an opinion) over others. We often get a lot of compliments on our rig. Happy Hunting!

I recommend this brand-Heartland- Big Horns are also great!!

Last edited:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Big Horn -- Big Country -- Landmark ????? So many trailers, so many decisions. I really recommend buying a Heartland product, no matter what "brand" of Heartland you buy. You can't go wrong the the expertise and knowledge gathered from folks on this forum (as you are learning) and while no manufacturer is free from complaints, I truly believe Heartland Customer Service is the best in the industry. They have a great attitude and are always willing to help. Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum

Lou_and_Bette

We just traded our 2011 Road Warrior in on a 2015 Big Horn 3570RS and love it...DW is very happy after living in Spartan toy hauler for last 3 years. Now, just have to work out how to bring bike along