Homeless Again

Garypowell

Linda and I went full time between 1996 and 1998 with a Travel Supreme 38 foot rig when we first started our business. Business grew, we bought a house, put on employees, and then starting in 2008 things have shrunk back down again to just to two of us. Decided about a year ago to put the house up for sale and go on the road again for 6 months to 2 years.

Closing was yesterday. Took 9 months to sell the place....but we started with a high price since we were not in a hurry. Sold it to a nice family with 2 kids. He just retired from the Air Force and has a job at Patrick Air Force Base which is only about 15 minute drive from the house. They are thrilled with the house (kids love the pool) and it backs up to a preserve. We are thrilled to have the burden off of our backs. I have not been able to wipe the smile off my face for the last 24 hours.

We are going over this morning to show them how the house "works". If you have followed any of my mods on my 3010 you'll understand I have done several things to the house! They have never had a pool, etc.....so it will be fun to show them the place now that it is theirs.

We will be leaving the Melbourne, FL area August 7th and probably see a few customers on our way up to VA to stay a month or so up there. We are looking to stay on the west side of VA in a cooler spot.....if anyone has a suggestion let me know.

I have not fully discussed it with Linda but I hope we can attend the national rally next year.

Better close for now....have to go work on getting this smile off my face.....see you down the road!

jbeletti

Gary,

Congrats on your new Homelessness :)

Be great to see you guys again and yes, you MUST make Goshen 2015. We plan to really blow it out again. Plan to arrive a week prior to the rally so you can take in some of the pre-rally activities.

scottyb

Congratulations and safe travels. The thought of selling out is both intriguing and scary at the same time. I say that as I sit here contemplating about an 8 hour mowing session (9 ac), probably spread out over both my days off this weekend, since it will be 100+ this afternoon.