Jensen AWM910 speaker problem

The left channel on my Jensen AWM910 is not working properly. When operating normally, it sounds like only the right speakers are working. When you move the balance all of the way to the left, you can barely hear sound from the left speakers and the sound is distorted. This condition exists for both the A and B left speakers. I have reset the unit, removed it from the cabinet and checked the fuses and connections. What should I try next?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Chances are it is wired incorrectly.

My Jensen unit sounds terrible as well.

After having my dealership supposedly 'fix' it twice under warranty to no avail, I pulled it out of the wall to try and figure out the problem.

Now . . . I'm a stereo guy . . . and can hook up any stereo in 60 seconds or less . . .

Except for this Jensen unit installed in my 2013 Heartland Trail Runner!

Now, this Jensen unit . . . well, let me put it this way . . .

Whomever Heartland has hired to install these stereo units should be fired on the spot!

I couldn't figure out the wiring as it was so hodgepodged with mismatched wiring that I just gave up and put it back in the wall.

I had to take two valiums and three shots of Wild Turkey 101 just to stop my head from spinning after looking at the back of this thing (not really, but it sounded good :p ).

It's like they just had a bunch of pieces or wire laying around on the floor of the factory the day my trailer was built so they used whatever they had to wire this thing in.

And it is very obvious that the installer doesn't have a clue about positive and negative connections.

I even replaced the inside speakers with some good ones, but they still sound terrible, even after trying every possible way to wire them to make sure they are in phase.

And don't get me started on those cheap outside Jensen speakers . . .

I just had one of them replaced under warranty (of course, now that is expired), and the first time I turned on the radio through the outside speakers guess what . . . the new one blew out within five minutes of not even being turned up very loud!

So much for Jensen being the big brand name they once were.

Anyway, I'm thinking about taking my trailer to Car Toys and having a real sound system installed . . . and wired correctly!

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg