Water System Problem

jandvs

I picked up a new Cyclone 3210 ten days ago - my first RV so I'm completely inexperienced at this. I'm working the bugs out in my driveway before leaving taking it on a business trip in 3 days. The water system was working fine until a couple of hours ago when it just quit. No water is getting through the system at all. I've tried city water and filled the fresh water tank - nothing comes through from either source. Called dealer's service dept and got no useful information. Service tech said if I've got city water hooked up I should have water. Could not give any reason why it wouldn't work or what I could do. User manual says to "clear the water line" if pump is working but no water, but gives no information on how to do this. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? The dealer is 155 miles away and I've got to have this working by Tuesday (2/12).

slaytop

My Landmark has a set of 4 valves that are set to specific water situations, e.g., tank water, city water, etc. Do you have those valves and are they set for city water intake?

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
If you are hooked to city water the valves should be set for city water if you are not connected turn the valves to the tank position and turn on the water pump. There are also position for power tank drain and winterization,

Don

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
If all your valves are turned for city water and you still have no water flow check the wire filter screen in the fresh water inlet on the camper for trash.Good luck.

jandvs

Thanks to both of you for your valve suggestions, I now have city water working. There are two water petcocks in the docking station, neither of which is marked in any way. I determined which one went to the city water and, after opening a value under the kitchen sink which I didn't realize I'd closed, I got the city water flowing. I have not, however, been able to get the tank water going again. The tank is full but the pump will not come on. There is a pump switch at the docking station which I understood was used to work the outside shower, but all it seems to be doing is emptying the tank. The outside shower hose isn't working either.

Don - you mentioned a power tank drain? Is this what's happening when the docking station pump switch is turned on? It appears the pump is working for the draining application but not for pushing water through the plumbing system.

Thanks again for your help.

trdeal

Be sure the valves are turned to tank.Now, turn on the pump,but remember,as long as there is sufficent pressure in the water lines the pump will not pump. Turn on the water inside the camper. As the pressure leaves the line, the pump should come on.Once the water is cut off and the pressure builds back up in the line the pump will stop.Hope this helps.I also live in North Carolina and if I lived a little closer I would come and see if I could help you. I think we live about 2 hours apart.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I am not sure how the Cyclone is set up but on our Landmark there are four valves located in the rear of the storage bay on the off door side with a description on the position to turn each valve for what you want either city water, tank water, power drain or winterization. It sounds like yours may be set to power drain your tank. Maybe someone with a Cyclone will chime in soon.

Don

jandvs

After I got the city water going (thanks to the valve suggestions), I turned the valve back to tank water. The pump won't work and there's no water coming through the faucets at all, no matter how long I leave them open. There's a pump switch in the docking station which does work but all that happens is water dumps out the bottom of the RV. That switch is supposed to also work the outside shower but the shower is dry. Our dealer has an excellent service tech and I'm going to call him first thing Monday to see if he can walk me through fixing this or if I've got to take the RV back for repairs. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
After I got the city water going (thanks to the valve suggestions), I turned the valve back to tank water. The pump won't work and there's no water coming through the faucets at all, no matter how long I leave them open. There's a pump switch in the docking station which does work but all that happens is water dumps out the bottom of the RV. That switch is supposed to also work the outside shower but the shower is dry. Our dealer has an excellent service tech and I'm going to call him first thing Monday to see if he can walk me through fixing this or if I've got to take the RV back for repairs. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I assume ,maybe, your pump is behind the UDC ..check there and see if you don't have a valve there from the hose that comes from the tank to the pump... it might be turned off.....Ken

jandvs

By trial and error we finally got the problem solved and everything is working right. There's nothing in the manual about what the UDC valves are for or which way they should be turned. In case any other new owners run into this problem (experienced owners correct me if I'm wrong), the right valve is only for emptying the fresh water tank without going through the gray/black tanks. Turning the pump on is the power drain function. The left valve is open (pointed down) for either city or tank water. When using city water make sure the pump is off.

One other site of confusion is turning the pump on and off - it can be done from either rocker switch (inside or outside) so there's no set "on" or "off" position for either switch. It's like a light switch that can be turned on or off from two locations which can reverse the on and off positions of the switch.

Unfortunately, there's nothing in the owner's manual about any of this. Perhaps it's all so elementary they assume everyone knows it. However, when you have no information on what is controlled by each valve, it can be frustrating and time consuming to get it all figured out.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
All the valves should be labeled if not by the factory the dealer should have labeled them and covered the operation of each valve. It of course would be helpfull if the owners manual covered the day to day operation of the coach so I guess the blame could be spread around to a number of folks. Glad you got it going and good luck and happy camping. It's a learning experience for a long time, I have been in mine for seven months now and still learning.

Don

trdeal

Glad you got it figured out. It is hard to know exactly how to help you since we have a different and older unit than you.When we got our Landmark home and tried to winterize it the pump would not suck the antifreeze into the line. Come to find out the valves were labeled wrong.Anyway glad you got yours figured out.