gt-2.0 set up

racinjake

we just got our sundance 265rk with the genesis audio. I cannot get it to access the set up mode. all functions on the remote seem to work ok, any ideas what i'm missing to get this function to work?? thanks for your help

jimtoo

Hi racinjake,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Have you checked the "Tools" tab at the top of the page? We have a great user guide and owners manuals section there. This is link to owners manuals for Genessis.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

racinjake

thanks Jim, I followed the book, but maybe I don't have the tv on the right mode or channel or the sterio on the mode... just getting confused as to why it won't show on my tv screen

jimtoo

Have you checked the wiring? The video may not be hooked to the TV... check to see if the video out is hooked to the aux in on the TV.

Hopefully we will get some of the "in the know" folks on here soon. :)

racinjake

thanks Jim, I don't see what mode the tv or the genesis should be in to view it. usually pretty good with these issues but this one has me scratching my head.

jimtoo

Try putting a movie in and let it start playing and then run TV through all the settings for input, aux, and what ever else. If the video is hooked up correctly to TV you should be able to find it I think.

Gateway

We have the G. 2.0 and have same issue. I can play music through my phone, watch movies in surround sound but the tv will not play audio through the system. I am not able to enter the setup section to the unit. Cool idea just needs to be a little more user friendly. Like most other items in our gateway there is very little info on how to operate. I feel like I need a 24hr direct line to my dealer or factory just to get the basics on everything. It's frustrating how little information is included in our owners manual. 90% of the pages are for other products that are not on our rig, the other 10% is information that is not clear. Thank goodness for websites like this one so we can dumb our way thru things.
J&J. G

danemayer

tv will not play audio through the system.

Hi Gateway,

Many of us have worked through this. The TV audio output is typically not connected to the surround sound audio input by the factory. You need a cable to connect them.

Page 28 of the GT 2.0 manual, located in the manuals section of the forum, shows that there are 3 ways to connect audio inputs: Optical Digital, Digital Coax, and AVI. You'll need to check the manual for your TV to see what types of audio output connectors it provides - or check the manual. We have a number of TV manuals posted, but if you don't see yours, you'll have to locate it on the manufacturer's website, or look at the back of the TV.

Once you have the connector types identified, take a look at our owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide. It's a pictorial guide that will help you match the output and input connections and select the correct cable.

You'll also find a number of other User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides written by owners to supplement the Heartland Manual and the manuals from appliance and subsystem manufacturers.